News   Dec 06, 2021
 122     0 
News   Dec 06, 2021
 335     0 
News   Dec 03, 2021
 2.8K     1 

TTC: Sheppard Subway Extension (Proposed)

turini2

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is there any chance of this? I thought they built a new armoury there a few years back and isn't there other government buildings adjacent to it?
You can see in the screenshot below the large area next to the Subway station that remains in DND ownership. No public plans for anything yet.

Some screenshots and cool renderings from the application.

Here is the link in case you guys haven't read: https://44e0cc70-0fba-43fa-98a1-d99...d/4ea6e4_83b2b0b8db67436782994a36ab9e5c3a.pdf

View attachment 354755

duffo

Member Bio
Reaction score
new-smarttrack-stations-small.jpg

Maybe interesting, maybe nothing - Sheppard extension shown here to McCowan with no interchange indicated for Agincourt GO. I'd hope that the station at Sheppard/Kennedy has a convenient tunneled connection to Agincourt GO!

There are a few interesting other errors here though, i.e. the Milton line has an imaginary alignment which stays south of Bloor and doesn't connect to Bloor GO or Kipling GO, SSE looks like an extension of Line 5 rather than Line 2, no station icon for Kipling, etc..

Coolstar

Member Bio
Reaction score
There are a few interesting other errors here though, i.e. the Milton line has an imaginary alignment which stays south of Bloor and doesn't connect to Bloor GO or Kipling GO, SSE looks like an extension of Line 5 rather than Line 2, no station icon for Kipling, etc.
And Spadina-Front is served by the Kitchener Line rather than the Barrie Line.

asher__jo

Member Bio
Reaction score
new-smarttrack-stations-small.jpg

Maybe interesting, maybe nothing - Sheppard extension shown here to McCowan with no interchange indicated for Agincourt GO. I'd hope that the station at Sheppard/Kennedy has a convenient tunneled connection to Agincourt GO!

There are a few interesting other errors here though, i.e. the Milton line has an imaginary alignment which stays south of Bloor and doesn't connect to Bloor GO or Kipling GO, SSE looks like an extension of Line 5 rather than Line 2, no station icon for Kipling, etc..
From all indications the Sheppard extension is less than a drawing on a napkin, so accurate connections to GO lines isn't surprising.