News   Mar 03, 2021
 331     1 
News   Mar 03, 2021
 215     0 
News   Mar 03, 2021
 1.3K     0 

TTC: Sheppard Subway Extension (Proposed)

officedweller

Member Bio
Reaction score
What's driven that? My geography east of Lake Washington is weak. Microsoft?

It's not transit-driven, which seems to play catch-up there (and almost everywhere).

If there are huge employment centres then by all means connect them.

Yup, Amazon, Microsoft and other tech offices in towers, as well as residential.
Will more office towers currently planned.
Seattle's LRT will only skirt downtown Bellevue (you can see the guideway crossing the I-405 below, with the closest station where it enters the hillside there).

Towered

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yup, Amazon, Microsoft and other tech offices in towers, as well as residential.
Will more office towers currently planned.
Seattle's LRT will only skirt downtown Bellevue (you can see the guideway crossing the I-405 below, with the closest station where it enters the hillside there).

Fascinating - never heard of this place before. It's like Seattle's Mississauga.

officedweller

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yeah, the LRT will be extended to the Redmond campus and Microsoft is building a bridge to the campus.
They have another office in downtown Bellevue.

Last edited:

ARG1

Member Bio
Reaction score
Damn, why is Microsoft treating it's employees like 2nd class citizens?! ;)
First, what StreetyMcCarface said.

Second, the newer sections of the Link are being built in a way more comparable to the Vancouver Skytrain, elevated guideways mostly separated from traffic. The big difference though is with the exception of the Tacoma line (which isn't even connected to the main line yet), there aren't any sections of the line where the train stops at a traffic light. The entire line travels on its own right of way, and whenever it does cross the road at grade, its always with flashing gates meaning that unless there is a car crash or some other incident, you will NEVER stop for any reason other than you're at a station. Same exact thing with the Capital line in Edmonton. If you can't comprehend the difference, then I can't help you.