News   Mar 28, 2024
 101     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 230     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.3K     1 

Sheppard Line 4 Subway Extension (Proposed)

View attachment 153526 My idea for transit in Scarborough

Red-downtown relief line
Orange-Eglington LRT
green-Bloor Danforth Subway
Purple-Sheppard Subway
Light Purple-Sheppard Ellesmere LRT

Just now, realized one interesting feature of this map. The light rail line serves Sheppard between Vic Park and Agincourt, then swings south of 401 to reach STC.

That means, the bus that serves the rest of Sheppard East can run in parallel with LRT for ~ 3 km between Agincourt and Vic Park, and terminate at the Vic Park subway interchange. Although some duplication of service will occur, it will eliminate double transfer for riders who wish to travel along Sheppard. Might be worth it.

Came across this today:

Seems like the only waste would be a six stop Sheppard Subway Extension.
I'm not going to lie, free off-peak seniors use transit is actually a really good idea and while a lot of people may not like the idea of subsidizing seniors (I know a newspaper ran an article arguing against it but I can't remember which one), but incentivizing them by using transit off peak would increase midday usage and keep older drivers off the road.

I don't like it but this will have to be built. We can't dump all those people on Progres like that. I just wonder how everything will work with STC.
Sheppard is many, many condos and commercial projects away from being a corridor that requires a subway. An LRT could handle the ridership for probably a few lifetimes, at the very least.

There simply isn't enough density to justify a subway, even if it extended to Kennedy/STC.

Here is Sheppard & Victoria Park:

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.7753013,-79.3229173,3a,75y,299.1h,97.64t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sV1OyQdvD-9s06C8Vt89xnA!2e0!6s//geo1.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=V1OyQdvD-9s06C8Vt89xnA&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=178.24533&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

Sheppard & Midland

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.7853773,-79.2786888,3a,75y,121.96h,88.34t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1stnxkq0Z9zRAH6xioGsVbXg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Sheppard & McCowan

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.7897255,-79.2588438,3a,75y,211.92h,101.92t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s23RPjLfZ6mocRcTpdLQzmw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

It's unfortunate they didn't build an LRT in the first place - it would've made expansion a much easier decision. As it stands, building more costly subway infrastructure there doesn't make any sense.
The plan is to build the subway and then rezone for gentrification...

I don't like it but this will have to be built. We can't dump all those people on Progres like that. I just wonder how everything will work with STC.

The plan is to build the subway and then rezone for gentrification...
why not simply build where gentrification has already been happening at a rapid rate of over a decade down at Humber Bay Shores and Liberty Village?

why not simply build where gentrification has already been happening at a rapid rate of over a decade down at Humber Bay Shores and Liberty Village?
They'll use the subway to get those people living there out of there and they'll end up in Oshawa, barrie or even Belleville, far away from the subway they want so bad. I think people in city feel sheppard and yonge needs to be rejuvenated and Sheppard east be a viable central corridor like St Clair or even Eglinton East

They'll use the subway to get those people living there out of there and they'll end up in Oshawa, barrie or even Belleville, far away from the subway they want so bad. I think people in city feel sheppard and yonge needs to be rejuvenated and Sheppard east be a viable central corridor like St Clair or even Eglinton East
so you want to use transit as a gentrification project?

sheppard extesion.png

this is what my fantasy Sheppard extension

Attachments

• sheppard extesion.png
    sheppard extesion.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 957

Back