News   Apr 25, 2024
 138     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Alright folks, any ideas for names?
  • George V (monarch when the first idea of any subway was brought forward to the electorate in 1910)
  • Elizabeth II (monarch when they started construction on this extension)
  • John (after Mayor John Tory)

• George V (monarch when the first idea of any subway was brought forward to the electorate in 1910)
  • Elizabeth II (monarch when they started construction on this extension)
  • John (after Mayor John Tory)
Tory cancelled this 3 stop in favour of a 1 stop and his own personal pet project SmarTrack…
He deserves no acknowledgement

Tory cancelled this 3 stop in favour of a 1 stop and his own personal pet project SmarTrack…
He deserves no acknowledgement
Maybe we should name Scarborough Centre Station for him since that's the only one he wanted built. Next stop, "The Only Station John Tory Actually Wanted Station".

I didnt vote for either of them but I still agree. Common, this line is 100% happening because of them, whether you like it or not.
Yeah. I didn't write those names as a joke.

This line is happening because of them. Rob, for nixing the LRT, making "subways, subways, subways" and the SSE a thing - and starting Toronto's transit paralysis, and Doug for putting the $$$ behind it and making it happen (and, also, shockingly to me, putting serious $$$ and effort behind the biggest transit expansion Toronto has seen in decades.)

The design they had for that stop was so complicated because they attempted to keep it and the SRT. With the SRT shutting down in 16 months it would make sense to build a basic stop and utilize the existing underground pedestrian tunnel and bus bays - could actually just infill the SRT tracks and have an easier access station with no need to use the tunnel (if they don’t use the SRT corridor for a BRT)
i mean they'd have to remove the roof and thanks to a lack of elevators it wouldn't really have any benefit. In fact, we could technically have an accessible station if we use the existing Stouffville track which would be better than the srt

Back