News   Mar 28, 2024
 207     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 213     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 270     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

I wish MLinx built transit at the same rate they churn out blog posts lol

They were a bit pokey on the blog post mind you.........

@ShonTron documented that construction had begun 12 days ago.........

They (Mx and IO} Finally got around to admitting they had a contract, today, ~ 2 weeks after construction began.

LOL.

Has me waiting for them to announce the opening of the extension weeks after its actually begun service.

Last edited:
wait "fixed price contract"?
I thought MX was moving away from those contracts
Lump sums? Hell no...They're just breaking up the scope of work.

They tried lots of small contracts on the TYSSE. That didn't work...so they had 2 giant contracts for the crosstown...that was worse. Now they're trying to meet in the middle.

They were a bit pokey on the blog post mind you.........

@ShonTron documented that construction had begun 12 days ago.........

They (Mx and IO} Finally got around to admitting they had a contract, today, ~ 2 weeks after construction began.

LOL.

Has me waiting for them to announce the opening of the extension weeks after its actually begun service.

Sounds like they entered into a temporary contract to kickstart work.
Presumably, if negotiations failed, there were break provisions in that contract so the contractor could walk away and be paid for work done.

To keep the projects on schedule, the First Negotiations Proponent agreements allow the teams to begin work on each project right away.

Lump sums? Hell no...They're just breaking up the scope of work.

They tried lots of small contracts on the TYSSE. That didn't work...so they had 2 giant contracts for the crosstown...that was worse. Now they're trying to meet in the middle.
Metrolinx didn't build the TYSSE.

They partially funded it, and took part in some administrative stuff. You're right that it was mainly a TTC project though.
I don't remember any Metrolinx involvement, other than the GO station at Downsview Park, and some late in the day fare integration talks. The funding from the province didn't go through Metrolinx as far as I recall.

Back