News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 622     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 903     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

From link.
We'll see. Will Ontario Lottery Corporation take bets?
How can the Ontario Line open 3 years earlier than the Scarborough Line when it longer and no real clear info what will be using for it???

Love to see the Yonge Line open in Phases, especially having Steeles being the first phase. This will remove buses off Yonge and riders getting to/from faster than today. With this extension, will the current fleet be move to line 2 and ordering 500' trains for Line 1??

By building a subway to replace the SRT, they'd simply need to continue past Scarb. Town Center and link up with Sheppard. I think this will be the likely choice when this study reveals its results.
The biggest issue with the subway extension IMO is that it assumes all TTC users from Scarborough want to get downtown. Thus, unless your destination falls close to the one subway station between the end of beginning of the line, there's no service other than buses for any trips within Scarborough.

The biggest issue with the subway extension IMO is that it assumes all TTC users from Scarborough want to get downtown. Thus, unless your destination falls close to the one subway station between the end of beginning of the line, there's no service other than buses for any trips within Scarborough.

The assumption led by many outside politicians that Scarborough commuters only want to travel short distances was the biggest issue that set the City back. We can finally move on with a plan that opens up the options and supports various important criteria in creating an overall network for this massive area.

And really the exact same assumption you have could be said for the RT but with the subway the stations will now be far less isolated, in more central locations for the feeders, not to mention far better connectivity for not only the commuters but the for future of growth in the Centre. Its a far superior line.

The subway addresses the various glaring flaws from the RT and will be one of the most integral parts of the 'network' in Scarborough. The Durham-Scarborough BRT, EELRT, RER will all be part of an overdue upgrade for multiple forms of travel in the next decade. This will change the current travel patterns quite a bit. The Sheppard subway and hopefully more BRT lines will gain traction in the following decade as required to continue to improve flow thru the entire network

Last edited:
So did the Eglinton east get funded ?? And where is that on the priority of lines. And where along Sheppard does the Scarborough extension terminate ??

So did the Eglinton east get funded ?? And where is that on the priority of lines. And where along Sheppard does the Scarborough extension terminate ??

The City will now have the capacity to fund EELRT. Construction should be ready in 2-3 years. 2027 possible

SSE will terminate at McCowan

Priority list based on expected timelines but are all priorities:

OL
EELRT/Waterfront ELRT
SSE/Yonge

EWLRT

Sheppard

Last edited:
The City will now have the capacity to fund EELRT. Construction should be ready in 2-3 years. 2027 possible

Priority list based on expected timelines

OL
EELRT
Waterfront ELRT
SSE/Yonge

EWLRT

Sheppard
Awesome. One project for the west.

Awesome. One project for the west.

Finch WLRT? EWLRT? even the Hurontario LRT can be considered 'West'?

If the inner City politicians weren't so hell-bent on cutting corners on far overdue projects in the massive Eastern Borough the last couple decades we could have put more focus on other plans to follow. Id also like to see the BDL extended in the west in the future and bet you won't see any Scarborough politicians extremely opposed when it happens.

Last edited:
Finch WLRT? EWLRT? even the Hurontario LRT can be considered 'West'?

If the inner City politicians weren't so hell-bent on cutting corners on far overdue projects in the massive Eastern Borough the last couple decades we could have put more focus on other plans to follow. Id also like to see the BDL extended in the west in the future and bet you won't see any Scarborough politicians extremely opposed when it happens.
I thought hurontario was in Mississauga.

I thought hurontario was in Mississauga.

If you are only want to talk only Toronto borders then it should be completely obvious why we are also building extensively in the east. And when you acknowledge the FWLRT that is being built and note the Eglinton west extension will be underground for your comfort there is really no merit to your concern.

Last edited:
If you are only want to talk only Toronto borders then it should be completely obvious why we are also building extensively in the east. And when you acknowledge the FWLRT that is being built and note the Eglinton west extension will be underground for your comfort there is really no merit to your concern.
I'm glad you unblocked me so that we can be friends. Maybe I'll move back to Scarborough and we can be neighbours.

Priority list based on expected timelines but are all priorities:

OL
EELRT/Waterfront ELRT
SSE/Yonge

EWLRT

Sheppard
How I see it they are basically combining the old city transit plan with the province's transit plan albeit The Sheppard East LRT is off the map once and for all.

Back