News   Apr 25, 2024
 612     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 514     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 758     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

That's nice but the response from OneCity sounds like it was written by a PR firm versus him or herself. The person uses loaded language when they call people "downtown elites" "lefties" "pinkos" "bike riders (in a negative context) " latte sipping" and then questions the motivation of people on here for what they have determined is their "hate for Scarborough" and the motivation of the Toronto Star and refers to Transit City as Transfer City. Nice that you're giving everyone an opportunity but OneCity is not the victim.

Also it is nice to see OneCity for once not deny his former username as Coffey1. That's big of them. Much better mood since they won "the war on the car."

On the one side this poster posts this type of vitriol, paranoia and anger on a regular basis, and on the other hand this poster professes innocence and insists he won’t engage when people question his sanity.

He can’t have it both ways. It’s clear what’s really on his mind. Just read his posts.

So why stay then? Why create another account and come back if you didn't like how you were treated? Just Curious.

Its quite simple. Like most here im very interested in urban growth and infrastructure, moreso this that impact my commute. All views should be allowed to be discussed or debated on topic without being bullied or personally attacked.

As I said i was not expecting such extreme baiting, and personal attacks to be allowed so i went down to that level to push back. I also apologized for my part when I came back and since have mostly refused to respond to the any baiting posts and usually report instead fwiw. All i can do

Sad that even when Ive blocked and don't engage whatsoever there is still continuous attempts to provoke and go off topic.

Anyhow the poster got the reaction and derail they wanted here. If you or anyone else really feel it's important to discuss any further please use my PM instead of here. Thx

Last edited:
So... what would be a good stop name for a station on Lawrence? I was thinking either Bendale or Highland Creek, personally.
Honestly for simplicity sake I would just go with Lawrence East. It's already part of the collective conscious here in Scarborough and Toronto, I don't really see the need to re-invent the wheel in this case; the name is known and understood buy the residence it serves. As well I would avoid the name Bendale since I think most Scarberians associate that name with the High School on Midland and not the neighborhood. Since the station isn't really a new station but a replacement for an old one I don't see the need for a new name, on the other hand the Station at McCowan and Sheppard is brand new so it would need a new name, probably "White Haven".

Last edited:
I think we all know almost all transit projects in Toronto have some delays. If they're projecting 2030, then a finish date of 2031 (or later) isn't out of the question.

Honestly for simplicity sake I would just go with Lawrence East. It's already part of the collective conscious here in Scarborough and Toronto, I don't really see the need to re-invent the wheel in this case; the name is known and understood buy the residence it serves. As well I would avoid the name Bendale since I think most Scarberians associate that name with the High School on Midland and not the neighborhood. Since the station isn't really a new station but a replacement for an old one I don't see the need for a new name, on the other hand the Station at McCowan and Sheppard is brand new so it would need a new name, probably "White Haven".

If you call the Scarborough Subway station Lawrence East, and the Smarttrack station Lawrence East, there will be serious confusion

Thats what OP is alluding to.

Considering the Smarttrack station is in the location of the old RT station, it makes more sense to keep that Lawrence East and call the subway station something else.

If you call the Scarborough Subway station Lawrence East, and the Smarttrack station Lawrence East, there will be serious confusion

Thats what OP is alluding to.

Considering the Smarttrack station is in the location of the old RT station, it makes more sense to keep that Lawrence East and call the subway station something else.
You can make the case that calling the GORER stop Lawrence East itself will cause confusion since people may mistake it for a TTC Subway stop like it is today. My logic here is that the vast majority of people in this part of Scarborough will use the Subway stop so it makes sense to give the Subway station the Lawrence East moniker as it is still a TTC stop as everyone today knows it. The RER stop assuming it gets built can take a different name since it is no longer part of the TTC network thus avoiding people thinking it is.

I thought it's gonna be named "Lawrence-Kennedy". The go station and the future "Finch-Kennedy" Station will be called that as well. It seems metrolinx just went quite simply to intersections and are not gonna bother changing poorly named stations like Eglinton GO which is not close to central eglinton or Scarborough GO which is not in central scarborough and 7 other stations are in scarborough.

I thought it's gonna be named "Lawrence-Kennedy". The go station and the future "Finch-Kennedy" Station will be called that as well. It seems metrolinx just went quite simply to intersections and are not gonna bother changing poorly named stations like Eglinton GO which is not close to central eglinton or Scarborough GO which is not in central scarborough and 7 other stations are in scarborough.

That may work OK given the complexity but It's still a bit odd as the rail corridor is split between Midland and Kennedy.

If the hospital stays in its current location the subway stop could be "Scarborough General" station and GO could take the "Lawrence East" station

The Scarborough RT was to be replaced with a LRT similiar to this...

...but Ford Nation wanted a subway, subway, subway. :mad: ?

Worse, we could have had it opened by now.
I thought the O-Train goes directly downtown. That is nothing like the Transfer LRT place.
Actually, the O-Train plan is closer to the Eglinton-Scarborough Crosstown which both the Liberals and Ford supported (until the Liberals realized they could sabotage Fords leadership and killed their own plan at a cost of over $1B).

Back