News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 271     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 804     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

The sort of money being spend on a subway that covers mostly the same corridor
SRT is at its capacity 6am-10am and 3pm-8pm. Replacing it would mean replacing everything just like it’s a new line. Vehicles are no longer manufactured and the current infrastructure is literally crumbling. Kennedy&STC can handle 6car SRT train set, Midland&McCowan has the platform for it beyond the gate, but would need a retrofit, Lawrence&Ellesmere would need a bigger retrofit to accommodate 6car sets. Not to mention elevators at Lawrence,Ellesmere,Midland,McCowan.

Plus John Tory said climbing 3 levels of stairs is too much for residents to endure to transfer from line2-line3…yet he was okay with 2 levels of stairs and a 300m walk to an outdoor Smart Track station…..

I will say, Lawrence East may be missed. The new stop at is a bit far east at McCowan, and the Smart Track stop was cancelled. I personally believe the SRT right of way should be a private BRT up to ellesmere.

it'd be convenient if there was a go station right where an srt station would be now that can help take some of the load off of the future busses 🤔 rip Lawrence-Kennedy GO. It would be very easy and cheap to throw together a station there even if temporarily because there's already a pedestrian underpass. All they need to do is add platforms, and presto machines. I get why they cancelled it but with how cheaply it can be done (for a very bare-bones station mind you) i think it'd be worth it at least until the sse is done
The design they had for that stop was so complicated because they attempted to keep it and the SRT. With the SRT shutting down in 16 months it would make sense to build a basic stop and utilize the existing underground pedestrian tunnel and bus bays - could actually just infill the SRT tracks and have an easier access station with no need to use the tunnel (if they don’t use the SRT corridor for a BRT)

^ I assume they'll use trucks to bring to to Scarborough in pieces? I wonder if the boat will go all the way to the Port of Toronto. The railfan in me wishes the Port Land spur could be revitalized and used.

^ I assume they'll use trucks to bring to to Scarborough in pieces? I wonder if the boat will go all the way to the Port of Toronto. The railfan in me wishes the Port Land spur could be revitalized and used.

I assume they can only break it down so much, and at 10+ metres wide, even if the spur was still in service there might be clearance issues.

So my question is, after they extract the machine at Eglinton and Midland, how do they connect the tunnel to Kennedy station??

Do they use cut n cover process after ?? Is that a big distance to cover using that method

Also will STC be an underground station ?

How long is this project supposed to take

So my question is, after they extract the machine at Eglinton and Midland, how do they connect the tunnel to Kennedy station??

Do they use cut n cover process after ?? Is that a big distance to cover using that method

Also will STC be an underground station ?

How long is this project supposed to take
Cut n cover
Cut n cover - couple hundred metres, current tail track ends just before the town homes south of eglinton.
STC underground
2029/2030

Back