News   Mar 28, 2024
 508     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 330     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 344     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

I'm sorry you and so many others are going to be (greatly) inconvenienced by this.
I live out here as well and while although I generally don't mind the SSE project, its not unreasonable to think that this was a failure on all government levels. Terrifying to look at this map.

1612461153319.png

What a compete joke this has been.... And here's the official TTC report. http://ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commiss...T_Life_Extension_Project_Options_Analysis.pdf

"At the August 2006 Commission Meeting, Scarborough RT Strategic Plan – A Study Report was presented with recommendation to replace the SRT vehicles with the next generation vehicles before the current fleet of SRT vehicles reaches the end of its useful service life."

Ha I love this report. Its basically the TTC being like "WE TOLD YOU TO DO THIS 15 YEARS AGO"

"At the August 2006 Commission Meeting, Scarborough RT Strategic Plan – A Study Report was presented with recommendation to replace the SRT vehicles with the next generation vehicles before the current fleet of SRT vehicles reaches the end of its useful service life."

Ha I love this report. Its basically the TTC being like "WE TOLD YOU TO DO THIS 15 YEARS AGO"
That's the saddest thing in this report - that this goes all the way back to 2006 with action recommended then, and it has just dragged on since.

"Additional bus terminal capacity to accommodate the increased customers and higher bus volumes at both stations"
Does this imply increasing bus capacity at the current Scarborough entre station you think, or maybe getting the new bus terminal at the new Scarborough centre station running before the subway is done?

oh cool missed that! I was really hoping they would extend YRT service to Scarborough centre to better connect to GO and DRT services too but I'll take it!
Funny that that report is dated in the future lol

As noted above, the TTC has given plenty of warning over the years. It's now fighting a fire, and the "all buses to Scarborough Centre will then go express to Kennedy" isn't the worst plan to deal with it. I just hope Metrolinx will be paying for it, given they caused the delay!
Metrolinx raised a possibility of utilising the GO Transit's double decker buses for possible use. However, based on options assessed to date, GO buses would not be required
Oo, interesting. I guess if they were running a dedicated Kennedy < > Scarborough shuttle that would be useful.

Seven years of buses, thanks all you subway fanatics who had to screw us with this garbage, I continue to be beyond livid at what you have all done to us, and not just with this line, go hang your heads in shame, there is no scenario in which any of you can continue to pretend that you were at all justified to foist this monstrosity on the city.

We'll all have aged nearly 25 years from the begging of the SSE fiasco to its completion. This hardly seems worth it anymore

Does coffey1 onecity ever post here anymore. I gave up on the circular debates but came in to hear how wrong most of us were and that Ford is the best and Scarborough is finally not being disrespected by the elite downtown bike riders.

Back