News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 463     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

We can likely add 2 more stops before the 401 for under $500M
The second station isn't south of the 401. It's at Sheppard Avenue. Are you from Toronto - most people are aware that Sheppard is north of the 401!

Being new here, you should probably learn more about the proposed 3-station extension, which was cancelled by council before you ever were part of this forum! This is is the plan that our Premier has decided to assume the costs for and build. (actually, I think he is lying again, and won't do it).

You are clearly new here, and not familiar with the project. Can I suggest that you read more about it, read this thread, and not to argue with it with those of us who clearly know a lot more about the project and the costs than you do.

The second station isn't south of the 401. It's at Sheppard Avenue ... I'm surprised you know so little about this project that you weren't aware of that!

This is a truly ignorant and unnecessary post but I wont get baited into an ignorant war of words. So please cut this crap out now. Thank you.

Hopefully you are not purposely making things up to be rude and ill parse thru your rude post and be kind enough to assume you just didn't read as I never once said the 2nd stop was south of the 401. If you read back a few posts I'm sure itll be clear.

I said:
1. The stops are not $500M each
2. We could build 2 south of 401 for under $500M
3. The 401 crossing is not a stop. Its a necessity no matter what technology and a separate cost in itself

Last edited:
I wont get baited into an ignorant war of words. So cut the arrogant crap now. Thank you.

Hopefully you are not purposely making things up and just didn't read as I never once said the 2nd stop was south of the 401. If you read back a few posts I'm sure itll be clear.

I said:
1. The stops are not $500M each
2. We could build 2 south of 401 for under $500M
One of the stops is north of the 401. The savings to eliminate the two stops was $1 billion.

If you divide $1 billion by two, you get $500 million. The question was raised on how this costs $500 million per station.

I don't know why you are trying to move one of the stops south of the 401!

Surely arrogance is trying to pretend that restoring the two stops, wouldn't cost $1 billion., and trying to point to some fictitious straw man (or straw station) that was never part of the planned 3-station line!

With such unsubtle manipulation of the facts, then I think we can assume that you are simply trolling us.

Last edited:
Again, you don't seem to understand. One of the stops is north of the 401. The savings to eliminate the two stops was $1 billion.

If you divide $1 billion by two, you get $500 million.

I'm not sure how this isn't blatantly clear, and why you are trying to move the goalposts by trying to move one of the stops south of the 401!

Surely arrogance is trying to pretend that restoring the two stops, wouldn't cost $1 billion., and trying to point to some fictitious straw man (or straw station) that was never part of the planned 3-station line!

Given your case is so poor, that you have to resort to such unsubtle manipulation of the facts, then I think we can assume that you are simply trolling us.
Is it clear that the Ford intention is for the second station to be at Sheppard/McCowan, and not Eglinton/Brimley.?

One of the stops is north of the 401. The savings to eliminate the two stops was $1 billion.

If you divide $1 billion by two, you get $500 million. The question was raised on how this costs $500 million per station.

I don't know why you are trying to move one of the stops south of the 401!

With such unsubtle manipulation of the facts, then I think we can assume that you are simply trolling us.

Huh?

All I had said was individual stops on the line don't cost $500M. The extension and stops will cost give or take $1B and the cost of crossing 401 is inevitable. The point was $500M is not a price to build a stop. Sorry that offended you.

Trolling and baiting is usually initiating attacks directly at a poster. Please read back to see who did that in the string of posts.

Last edited:
Is it clear that the Ford intention is for the second station to be at Sheppard/McCowan, and not Eglinton/Brimley.?

Theres no certainty for the location of any stops other then the intention to cross over the 401 to Sheppard.

Realty aside adding that stop could reduce the "cost per stop" if I were to use the stop calculator which was just being pushed upon me
Example. Approximately $1.2B for now 3 new stops = $400M per stop as opposed to $500M for 2 stops

In all seriousness that stop (and other stops) would undoubtedly add greater value to the line being in a very central developable area. And bottom line we just need to get building with or without it.

Last edited:
^ Or in the simplest of terms, there's just no business case for it. Never was. Still isn't. Won't be for much longer than Dug's mandate. Looks good on him.

1547481023424.png

https://twitter.com/SwanBoatSteve?r...t-city-of-toronto-design-phase.2975/page-1005

Given he used the word "original" very prominently, that would be his stated intention. https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/05/09/doug-ford-scarborough-subway-plan/

Whether Doug Ford actually understand that the third station is north of the 401, is another question. Recall that when he was councillor he objected to the proposed SRT conversion to LRT, because it had level crossing with cars. Which clearly demonstrates that he's very unfamiliar with transit in Scarborough.

It's a shame that Doug Ford and his supporters hate Scarborough so much, that they'd sooner reduce the number of existing stations in Scarborough with this cockamamie scheme, rather than spending a smaller amount on a 50-station LRT network that would serve a lot more people.

And now we have people so unfamiliar with the project that they trying to pretend that returning to the "original" plan wouldn't add $1 billion to the cost! Of course anyone who makes such claims can never be taken seriously on any issue ever again.

Now perhaps if they were to modify the project, and run it at-grade, with some cut-and-cover for Lawrence, York Mills, etc. to cross, with a lot of road closures, they could reduce the cost and save the $1 billion extra. Though that's not the "original" plan.

We are crossing the 401 as a cost no matter what tech. The stops themselves do not cost $500M.

With the way this government is behaving, I wonder if we’ll even see the SSE start construction in this term. The government seems to be setting themselves up to study this issue for the next four years, delaying construction indefinitely. This would help tremendously to help Ontario achieve its fiscal goals.

Of course, the Liberals did the same thing with the FWLRT and SELRT, by using Metrolinx to quietly delay and cancel those projects after burning tens of millions of dollars.

Back