Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Ive always thought the purpose of subways should be to not follow roads, but be an express link to destinations.

So I always felt like the DRL West should dip south to connect to The Spadina-Barrie Line station proposed for GO (formally Bathurst North station), the MTCC/CN Tower/Ripleys/Skydome area, Billy Bishop, Exhibition South/Budweiser centre/Ontario Place, Liberty West, etc.

These are all signification destinations in our city.

DRL west.PNG

Ive always thought the purpose of subways should be to not follow roads, but be an express link to destinations.

So I always felt like the DRL West should dip south to connect to The Spadina-Barrie Line station proposed for GO (formally Bathurst North station), the MTCC/CN Tower/Ripleys/Skydome area, Billy Bishop, Exhibition South/Budweiser centre/Ontario Place, Liberty West, etc.

View attachment 169980
That cut from Osgoode to Spadina GO would need to be very deep though...

View attachment 169980

Gosh sakes, me and @BurlOak ( aka Donald Duck ), were arguing over if the DRL western extension should go to Line 2. We said no, while it might not follow roads, should go to Mississauga, a growing metropolis.

Gosh sakes, me and @BurlOak ( aka Donald Duck ), were arguing over if the DRL western extension should go to Line 2. We said no, while it might not follow roads, should go to Mississauga, a growing metropolis.
It's Ludwig Von Drake

I've thought we need 2 new lines through downtown.
One crossing Bloor (not sure where),
The other hitting the Ex (and maybe Humber shores).

Last edited:

View attachment 169980
This would probably cement Billy Bishop's future too.

So I guess there's no recent news on any sort of progress, just that there's supposedly on-going design work in the background?

It's Ludwig Von Drake

I've thought we need 2 new lines through downtown.
One crossing Bloor (not sure where),
The other hitting the Ex (and maybe Humber shores).

Lately I've been thinking, from a transit hierarchy point of view, the same thing. That a second downtown line may be needed after the DRL. Unfortunatly it looks like the DRL will follow the Queen alignment which puts a fly in my idea of running line from the EX north east through the core and terminating at a new GO RER/Smarttrack station built in the Gerrard/Carlaw/Dundas area

Back