Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

With a report due to council in late 2019. The other contract rewarded in February for Geo-technical services has a 2 year duration date. So 2020 will be an interesting year for Relief Line South. Still no word on Relief Line North despite meetings were to suppose to start late 2017.

The website has been significantly updated, now provides a distinction between Relief Line South and Relief Line North (separate site with more info)

2018-03-20-RLN-study-area-e1521727667629.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-22_10-53-20.png
    upload_2018-3-22_10-53-20.png
    283.4 KB · Views: 325
Honestly, this should be the least of our concerns regarding future transit plans right now.

No. There is no issue more pressing than the naming of stations. And quite frankly, I'm deeply disappointed that the Wynne government hasn't invested more money into resolving our station naming crisis. We can invest $3.5 Billion into a one-stop subway, but not even $1 Billion into station naming? SAD!

If Ford is elected, the DRL is dead. When it's cancelled there is no way in hell Tory will allow for the Yonge North extension which will also save billions but Ford will excuse it by blaming it on Toronto avoiding any political fallout from York region. Sheppard LRT is also history. This will save him a lot and he will compensate the 416 & 905 by using some of that saved money to bring RER up to subway standards and frequency hence bringing subways, subways, subways to the masses but at a fraction of the price of a DRL, YN, and Sheppard LRT and bring it much faster than any of those lines could be built, ie in time for a potential re-election.

If Ford is elected, the DRL is dead. When it's cancelled there is no way in hell Tory will allow for the Yonge North extension which will also save billions but Ford will excuse it by blaming it on Toronto avoiding any political fallout from York region. Sheppard LRT is also history. This will save him a lot and he will compensate the 416 & 905 by using some of that saved money to bring RER up to subway standards and frequency hence bringing subways, subways, subways to the masses but at a fraction of the price of a DRL, YN, and Sheppard LRT and bring it much faster than any of those lines could be built, ie in time for a potential re-election.
Talk about a doomsday scenario... I don't think anyone can afford to cancel transit projects. It's no longer only a "Toronto issue" but a regional issue and the votes happens to be majorly there.

Infrastructure investment is normally beyond ideology. Ford would butcher Public Service, environment expanses and social programs ahead of that I would think.

Last edited:
Talk about a doomsday scenario... I don't think anyone can afford to cancel transit projects. It's no longer only a "Toronto issue" but a regional issue and the votes happens to be majorly there.

Infrastructure investment is normally beyond ideology. Ford would butcher Public Service, environment expanses and social programs ahead of that I would think.
You underestimate Doug Ford and the spitefulness of his base. I do hope you're right though.

You underestimate Doug Ford and the spitefulness of his base. I do hope you're right though.
Cobra is in Scarborough and I am not trying to insult the whole area but it sure seems that the people there seem to hope for the very best in the new leader and think the very worst of the current one. It doesn't matter how bad the reputation of Ford is as long as he is coming they are hoping that suddenly he will change his ways. That didn't turn out for Rob supporters or Trump supporters but perhaps this will be the one time as soon as someone gets into office that they will suddenly become a different person. I tend to think the past is the best indicator of the future but what do I know.

Back