News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 668     0 

TTC November Service Improvements

Chris84

Member Bio
Reaction score
On November 23rd the TTC added more service to a number of bus routes across the city.
Here is the Press Release.
The TTC website had the new schedules from day one but I haven't seen any updated schedules posted at bus stops or stations.

For example, Leslie 51 now has improved rush hour service, late evening service and Sunday service. At both Eglinton and Leslie Stations, the old schedules are still up, showing no late evening service and stating that there is no service on Sunday. Almost every day I see people consulting the posted schedule at Eglinton station not realizing that the times posted are no longer valid.

If the TTC really wants to promote ridership, posting valid schedules would certainly help. I submitted my suggestion to the TTC but of course no reply.
Has anyone seen a new schedule posted on any of the improved routes?

The TTC is notorious for leaving up signs that are way out of date, sometimes by several years, so I doubt they would take your suggestion seriously.

Today, the 32D at Emmett #85 schedule stop on the TTC website is finally up and running.
The only problem is that the 32D description still reads
The 32D (Eglinton West Stn-Jane & Emmett) short-turn branch operates during the peak periods and midday, from Monday to Friday only.
when it should be
...short-turn branch operates at all times, seven days a week.

I've noticed stops on formerly peak-only routes now have posters on them announcing changes, have removed the peak-only stickers, and also have revised schedules. I guess they are going through the routes slowly.

When you consider there are thousands and thousands of bus stops and the change literally happened overnight, and the sheer number of changes, should you be surprised it's taken longer than two weeks?

Back