News   Mar 28, 2024
 198     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     2 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

With the station for Scarborough Centre now further east at where McCowan station currently is, do we know if there will be an indoor connection between the station and the mall?
Does the asterisk next the the west exit suggest the mall will build out to McCowan? I can't recall if that's in the plan.
Also have they moved the bus terminal?

A tiny smidge of further progress..........

Not entirely clear what a 'delivery partner' is on this project.....

1647021789449.png

1647021815432.png

How this Russian oligarch sanctioned by Canada stands to benefit from the Scarborough subway expansion

Oleg Deripaska, who is reportedly close to Russian President Putin, has said he has never been charged or investigated in connection with a crime.​

^

After the Star inquired into the impacts of the sanctions on the Scarborough subway project, Strabag released a statement detailing how the other major shareholders had attempted but failed to buy out Deripaska, whose holding company owns 27.8 per cent of the company. Strabag then suspended dividends to Deripaska’s holding company and terminated a “syndicate agreement” that gave Deripaska power to appoint people to the company’s board of directors.

Maybe we can sell them to Detroit for use in the Detroit People Mover 😂
Or maybe we can trade with Detroit's cars, since theirs have been in storage since the pandemic started.

We can sell them on the fact that our cars have been refurbished and have been held together with duct tape.

TBM is so big, once it's done you could place it permanently somewhere and turn it into a condo. So my question with a TBM this large is, once finished the tracks would sit roughly in the centre of the tunnel. What do they use to fill the space between the bottom of the tunnel liner and the guideways. Would it be solid concrete, or is there some fill used between? If it's pure concrete that requires a heckuva lot.

TBM is so big, once it's done you could place it permanently somewhere and turn it into a condo. So my question with a TBM this large is, once finished the tracks would sit roughly in the centre of the tunnel. What do they use to fill the space between the bottom of the tunnel liner and the guideways. Would it be solid concrete, or is there some fill used between? If it's pure concrete that requires a heckuva lot.
In general, I would assume both tracks will sit side by side in the tunnel section with one of the track rising to a higher level near each stations as the platform would be on different levels. The tracks won't sit pretty high up, it'll be close to the bottom so not a lot of concrete is required to fill to create a level surface. Assuming they'll built this like other subways in Toronto, a rubble puck is place on top of the surface to provide vibration isolation and then a concrete block on top. The rails would be mounted to those concrete blocks. A concrete emergency walkway would also be poured but that's not solid concrete. It's just a wall and a covering which allows cables to go inside.

I don't know the specifics for this project. They might decide to keep each direction on separate levels which would require a structure being built inside the entire tunnel. That'll definitely add to the cost. They might decide to build a wall to isolate each direction for fire control.

In general, I would assume both tracks will sit side by side in the tunnel section with one of the track rising to a higher level near each stations as the platform would be on different levels. The tracks won't sit pretty high up, it'll be close to the bottom so not a lot of concrete is required to fill to create a level surface. Assuming they'll built this like other subways in Toronto, a rubble puck is place on top of the surface to provide vibration isolation and then a concrete block on top. The rails would be mounted to those concrete blocks. A concrete emergency walkway would also be poured but that's not solid concrete. It's just a wall and a covering which allows cables to go inside.
Wait, where did they say that the platforms will be on separate levels? I was under the assumption it will be like Montreal or the section of the Broadway in Northern Manhattan where its a big bore but still regular side platform stations.
I don't know the specifics for this project. They might decide to keep each direction on separate levels which would require a structure being built inside the entire tunnel. That'll definitely add to the cost. They might decide to build a wall to isolate each direction for fire control.
I believe it's the latter. They're going to build a wall for fire prevention (kind of lame but whatever).

Regardless of where they put the trains, they most likely won't fill in any extra space. It's too valuable to use as possible conduit for utilities in the future.

Back