News   Apr 23, 2024
 702     1 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 406     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

** corrected link here **: https://blog.metrolinx.com/2021/08/19/crews-on-scarborough-subway-extension-prepare-for-excavation/

Lots of pics of the TBM launch site at Sheppard/McCowan there.

I will bring those forward: (all pics below credit to Metrolinx)

1629386116249.png

1629386032963.png

1629386054175.png

1629386073913.png

Last edited:
They should look at running more GO trains during the peak periods, on the Lakeshore East and Stouffville lines. If possible, short-turning some of those extra trains at the Rouge Hill and Mulliken stations.

Not to say adding more trains is very easy. Yet, that should be more practical than equipping the SRT line with a new propulsion method which will only be in use for a few years.

They should look at running more GO trains during the peak periods, on the Lakeshore East and Stouffville lines. If possible, short-turning some of those extra trains at the Rouge Hill and Mulliken stations.

Not to say adding more trains is very easy. Yet, that should be more practical than equipping the SRT line with a new propulsion method which will only be in use for a few years.
it'd be convenient if there was a go station right where an srt station would be now that can help take some of the load off of the future busses 🤔 rip Lawrence-Kennedy GO. It would be very easy and cheap to throw together a station there even if temporarily because there's already a pedestrian underpass. All they need to do is add platforms, and presto machines. I get why they cancelled it but with how cheaply it can be done (for a very bare-bones station mind you) i think it'd be worth it at least until the sse is done

Back