News   Mar 28, 2024
 690     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 468     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 794     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Under Ford, we did much more. Then the problem was the Ford administration ignored the input.

Under Tory, however, he does listen and does respond. Only sometimes, he takes the opposite input to what others want.

When you say opposite of what others want. You mean opposite of the downtown Political left stance.

Ford fought the media stronghold like a bull in a china shop with no tact

Tory is telling them to shove their BS "facts" up the rear of their local subway trains in a much more sophisticated manner. The media is starting to try to hang him for not following them blindly. Matlow has become the media's Mayor.

Go Tory!

Crosstown East should be priority number 1. That has nothing to do with this. No more backburn. The Students at UTSC and those in West Hill, Guildwood, Port Union deserve proper RT transit. Why should they lose because Central Scarbororugh can't stop fighting?
Crosstown East may have to be scrapped to pay for the extra $1 billion for the Scarborough subway. It was added back because eliminating 2 stops saved $1 billion, but now those savings have disappeared.

Crosstown East may have to be scrapped to pay for the extra $1 billion for the Scarborough subway. It was added back because eliminating 2 stops saved $1 billion, but now those savings have disappeared.

Oh my God. Fear tactics. Hurry Scarborough go back to SLRT. Not ONE outlet in the Left media even mentioned a peep when this line was scrapped for dead by McGuinty and Metrolinx during the Miller years. Now they care deeply. Wonder why?

The Crosstown East should have been the a priority at that time. Not only for all the areas it affects but for the fact its a SEAMLESS line. The subway just needs to be re-jigged. Tory & Keesmat seem to know what needs to be built at this time. Ill give them the benefit because its their football to fumble & both seem optically against SLRT. Thankfully.

Nothing to see here yet until the dust settles a bit further. If Tory keeps things on track he gets re-elected and his plan will come to fruition and save us from chaos.

Last edited:
This. And the prime example is the Sheppard subway. I've not even seen any discussion outside the forum on converting that to LRT. If they ever build the SELRT, they'll have another sore point for decades. Why can't they simply bite the bullet and push for conversion? That would make the LRT a ton more palatable in that corridor.

The TTC did look at that and I believe they estimated the cost would be $600 million. There were also technical challenges that needed to be overcome.

It's nice to see that the Tory braintrust at exec had another thoughtful and nuanced conversation on Scarborough transit today.

Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 8.49.06 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 9.01.50 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 9.01.33 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 9.01.19 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 8.44.14 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 9.00.23 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 8.51.43 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 8.44.14 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 8.44.14 PM.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 828
  • Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 8.49.06 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 8.49.06 PM.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,041
  • Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 8.51.43 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 8.51.43 PM.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 851
  • Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 9.00.23 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 9.00.23 PM.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 884
  • Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 9.01.19 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 9.01.19 PM.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 884
  • Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 9.01.33 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 9.01.33 PM.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 848
  • Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 9.01.50 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-28 at 9.01.50 PM.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 861
The usual accusatory tone from coffey1. Still can't take your posts seriously.

Again just my 2 honest pennies. You and your "like" crew here don't have to agree. And although Im sarcastic at times Im VERY serious with my points on this topic. And clear on what the problems are and possible fair solutions.

Thx

It's nice to see that the Tory braintrust at exec had another thoughtful and nuanced conversation on Scarborough transit today.

View attachment 79944
View attachment 79950
View attachment 79949
View attachment 79948
View attachment 79943
View attachment 79947
View attachment 79945

Hey its Elliott one the two Metroland bicycle reporters who has a daily King st streetcar vs. car article, slag SSE article & some breaking bicycle lane news with Luke Simcoe.

#outoftouch
#differentworld
#transitrichproblems
#Metroloand&24tostaybalanced
#keepvotingguys
#onesideddebate
#leftdontliehuh
#nomediavoice

Last edited:
Hey its Elliot one the two Metroland bicycle reporters who has a daily King st car article, slag SSE article & some breaking bicycle lane news.

Given that these were actual quotes of what the councillors said, who freaking cares about which media mouthpiece quoted the same shit that was already posted all over Twitter. If you hate the media so much, why don't you just turn off the radio, stop reading the papers, and get your news exclusively from Glen DeBarenmaker's monthly constituency newsletters that's sitting in your mailbox.

Given that these were actual quotes of what the councillors said, who freaking cares about which media mouthpiece quoted the same shit that was already posted all over Twitter. If you hate the media so much, why don't you just turn off the radio, stop reading the papers, and get your news exclusively from Glen DeBarenmaker's monthly constituency newsletters sitting in your mailbox.

By your own logic of turning a blind eye I have to question why you would respond here? Anywho Ill read what I choose thx.

But you are correct I like many others outside the core don't appreciate the irresponsible anti suburb media in this City, but DONT confuse that and paint me as a supporter for certain Politicians. It's one crock of Politicized BS vs. the other right now. I choose to collect data from ALL sides to make an opinion & not pick one side of this simpleton politically polarizing debate.

This attack on Scarborough is like no other & both sides can do better. Question is who will budge from absurdity

Last edited:
Call it like I see it. And my opinions are based on watching my immigrant relatives take 1.5 - 2 hr commutes to the core. I'd gladly support LRT if they were actually willing to build a full LRT plan. But somehow the choice is between a $3 billion one stop subway or an LRT line that barely touches Malvern and a Sheppard LRT that doesn't go past Morningside. I'd fully back LRT if somebody said that the new plan for $3 billion worth of LRT in Scarborough.

This. And the prime example is the Sheppard subway. I've not even seen any discussion outside the forum on converting that to LRT. If they ever build the SELRT, they'll have another sore point for decades. Why can't they simply bite the bullet and push for conversion? That would make the LRT a ton more palatable in that corridor.

Absolutely does not have to be this way. There are plenty of ways to make LRT more palatable. But that does not even seem to be something to consider. And since nobody seems to want to commit to a full LRT plan and push it through, the subway has become a symbol of progress and improvement.

This side of the debate we are not allowed to discuss: COMMON SENSE SOLUTIONS TO PREVIOUS MISTAKES, USE OF MULIPLE TECHNOLGIES and PROPERLY FUNDING AND BUILDING A FULL network. Its transfer LRT vs. underground Subway & ZERO in between.

These are the issues residents have and the media refuses to discuss. This obvious neglect of residents concerns is a major reason we are in this polarized mess.

There are so many solutions that don't involve 3bill worth of digging for one stop. But because the cost slightly more they were brushed aside for the cheap and easy.

Half of Scarborough residents want the LRT.

If they did, they would vote for pro-LRT councillors, mayoral candidates, and MPPs.

The actual elections results for the last few years tell me that they want subway(s) and are largerly indifferent to LRT.

You don't seem to understand that we won't have money for all of these other projects if we build the $3 billion Scarborough subway. We need to think about the opportunity costs.

I feel that it's the opposite. The city can find money for transit expansion, by raising taxes. But, raising taxes requires a broad consensus amongst the councillors. Cancelling the Scarborough subway at this point certainly will not help reach such a consensus.

If they did, they would vote for pro-LRT councillors, mayoral candidates, and MPPs.

The actual elections results for the last few years tell me that they want subway(s) and are largerly indifferent to LRT.
People don't vote based on a single issue. You can't say anything about what people want transit wise based on election results.

Back