News   Apr 26, 2024
 243     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 273     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 463     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

I like how coffey1 has gone mia until this vote gets passed. I on the other hand am just ranting expecting to lose. Good man.

Sorry had a long commute (drive) and busy day. Would have loved to go back and forth with the same points as usual. lol I also didn't want to log into for fear of being yelled at.

Anyhow. Just hope we can put this subway on the surface where possible and add some stops..

Holland the LRT transfer was to be on the same level of the subway platform. don't let facts get in your way.

So you mean or elderly, disabled and children would still be unconvinced on the way to our future Growth Hub? Thanks for clarifying.

#notgoodforgrowth

You mean Subway Plan Renaissance, Very little of this will actually get built.

All that scarborough will get is one Subway stop and nothing else, not even the funded and approved, and already started construction Sheppard LRT

Don't be so pessimistic. They're revising the plan as we speak. Expect many more funding announcements on the way including raising our taxes. Which is about time.

Motion to go ahead with Crosstown East and explore extension for a future Malvern extension Passed unanimously

Sounds like there will be an announcement for this funding in the near future. Likely next Election. Would be amazing to see LRT and Subway mix and very un-Toronto type of transit plan. Who would have though we could use multiple technologies to build Scarborough?

Current funding concerns aside. It will be great to see the Crosstown LRT to UTSC or Malvern

Don't be so pessimistic. They're revising the plan as we speak. Expect many more funding announcements on the way including raising our taxes. Which is about time.

Dude we've heard this crap before. These plans getting rehashed and rehashed, nothing new. You can make some noise when actual shovels are in the ground.

Dude we've heard this crap before. These plans getting rehashed and rehashed, nothing new. You can make some noise when actual shovels are in the ground.

True Dat... But atleast the plan is now heading in the right direction for Scarborough as a whole and will be harder to tear up as it is getting closer to middle ground. On to decades of lobbying and taxing to fund these projects...

Thank goodness John Campbell's motion to study a potential routing on the current SRT passed. Still not the right decision made, but now all the alternatives will at least be studied.

There's still the issue of Kennedy and turning radii, but it's ridiculous to spend $3-billion+ on a tunnel through suburbia.

"Moving forward with one-stop Scarborough subway, hiring third-party to further study alignments and costs carries 28-15"

This is the best thing ive seen all day.. The subway is the right technology to SCC.. But the means of getting there needs to be done in a much more effective manner. Underground is not completely necessary and more stops are needed.

Last edited:
s
True Dat... But atleast the plan is now heading in the right direction for Scarborough as a whole and will be harder to tear up as it is getting closer to middle ground. On to decades of lobbying and taxing to fund these projects...

I'm not talking about the Scarborough subway. I'm talking about all this pipe dream subways on Sheppard going east and west and subways to Sherway Gardens which are pet projects being pushed by councilors for those areas. We've seen this before, nothing new.

Back