News   Apr 25, 2024
 301     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.7K     1 

TTC: Jane (LRT) RapidTO

With the 2021 implementation of the Jane bus lane priority, wonder if they will include alterations that would allow for a light rail right-of-way north of Eglinton for future convertion?

See link.

1598369445169.png

1598369470530.png

With the 2021 implementation of the Jane bus lane priority, wonder if they will include alterations that would allow for a light rail right-of-way north of Eglinton for future convertion?
Maybe if they go with bus lanes down the centre of the road. We know the TTC wants a Jane LRT (as per their last rapid transit plan), so I wouldnt be surprised. If they use the curbside lanes, I'd expect not.

Maybe if they go with bus lanes down the centre of the road. We know the TTC wants a Jane LRT (as per their last rapid transit plan), so I wouldnt be surprised. If they use the curbside lanes, I'd expect not.

Doesn't matter is center or curbside lanes, as long as the real estate is available for a later shifting of use at a later date.

I think having the Jane LRT have its southern terminus be at Mount Dennis really smart, to encourage usage of the Kitchener GO corridor instead of the subway if possible. But if it's extended south from there, would it be redirected back onto Jane Street? And if so will it still connect to Mount Dennis? That's what I'm curious about.

I think having the Jane LRT have its southern terminus be at Mount Dennis really smart, to encourage usage of the Kitchener GO corridor instead of the subway if possible. But if it's extended south from there, would it be redirected back onto Jane Street? And if so will it still connect to Mount Dennis? That's what I'm curious about.
You may think that the right way, but have asked the Jane riders what they think about this idea??

Have you review their travel pattern and what it will have on the system as a "WHOLE"??

What impact will this route have on the Whole Crosstown Line Service??

What happen to riders going to/from line 2??

Are riders prepare to pay more to use GO to get to/from Union???

Would be nice to see Jane LRT goes east along Eglinton from Mount Dennis (interlined with Line 5) then south along Dufferin to Exhibition.

Not everyone wants to go downtown. Some want to get down to High Park for example, or to Long Branch.

The Jane LRT should be split into three projects. The first surface phase from Pioneer Village (Line 1) down to Eglinton Flats (after the Eglinton West LRT [Line 5] is extended to the Pearson Transit Hub). The second tunneled phase would go down to Jane Station (Line 2). The third phase should continue down to the Lake Shore West LRT (or 501 QUEEN) on The Queensway (or even Park Lawn GO Train Station), possibly by the 22nd century.

Last edited:
Not everyone wants to go downtown. Some want to get down to High Park for example, or to Long Branch.

The Jane LRT should be split into three projects. The first surface phase from Pioneer Village (Line 1) down to Eglinton Flats (after the Eglinton West LRT [Line 5] is extended to the Pearson Transit Hub). The second tunneled phase would go down to Jane Station (Line 2). The third phase should continue down to the Lake Shore West LRT (or 501 QUEEN) on The Queensway (or even Park Lawn GO Train Station), possibly by the 22nd century.
Its amassing how many ppl think everything revolve around the downtown when it doesn't. It did when Toronto was 1/8th of the current size or less and close on Sunday.

You need to do the first 2 phases at the same time so riders aren't force to do a double transfer on a route. The tunnel section will take the longest, but not that much more than the surface section. Some where north is where the yard is as Mount Dennis will not handle all the cars for Jane.

I was still wet behind the ear in 2006 and never seen or read all the plans related to Toronto transit when I came up for the U line plan that ran from Steeles from both end to Queen St/Queensway by Jane and Don Mills then. I learn later that the eastern leg was the DRL that been on the books since 1908. Never saw many stations on Queen St/Queensway for the tunnel area due to low ridership for most stations.

Can't see sending trains to the airport off Jane or going east as interlining since it becomes an operation issue depending on headway of the 2 lines. Once a train from the east hit Mount Dennis, ridership will drop and continue so to the airport. You may see every other train go west of Mount Dennis, but have to wait until near the opening of the line when a schedule will surface.

Its amassing how many ppl think everything revolve around the downtown when it doesn't. It did when Toronto was 1/8th of the current size or less and close on Sunday.

You need to do the first 2 phases at the same time so riders aren't force to do a double transfer on a route. The tunnel section will take the longest, but not that much more than the surface section. Some where north is where the yard is as Mount Dennis will not handle all the cars for Jane.

I was still wet behind the ear in 2006 and never seen or read all the plans related to Toronto transit when I came up for the U line plan that ran from Steeles from both end to Queen St/Queensway by Jane and Don Mills then. I learn later that the eastern leg was the DRL that been on the books since 1908. Never saw many stations on Queen St/Queensway for the tunnel area due to low ridership for most stations.

Can't see sending trains to the airport off Jane or going east as interlining since it becomes an operation issue depending on headway of the 2 lines. Once a train from the east hit Mount Dennis, ridership will drop and continue so to the airport. You may see every other train go west of Mount Dennis, but have to wait until near the opening of the line when a schedule will surface.

There is "missing link" for the JANE LRT/35 JANE bus, south of the JANE STATION. There used to be a 138 SOUTH KINGSWAY bus, but was cancelled before of transit budget cut by Doug Ford's mentor, former Premier Mike Harris in 1996. Once we get back to "normal", after COVID-19, there should be a return of the 138 SOUTH KINGSWAY, as a start. Maybe with a future connection with the PARK LAWN GO Train station.

138-south-kingsway-tt2.png

From link.

Back