News   Mar 28, 2024
 80     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I thought some of the information there was sourced from here (or very similar posts at the CPTDB forum).

For me, a more interesting question than what's where is ...

At the current rate, how long until we shop shipping cars for repairs - and when do we get them all back?

Though where the two flood-damaged cars got to is another question. It's been over 3 years now. Might it have been cheaper to just buy 62 new cars instead of 60?

I have a feeling the 2 flood damage cars will be the test bed for the 60 cars to come starting in 2023 and they will see very modification to them that will be in the new cars. Do agree that you will be better off getting 2 cars than repair them, but not my call.

936 days for 4471 and 1006 days for 4478 so far.

The list of returning cars is a one things since I was asked for info on them. The turn around has been all over the place and those dates can be off the wall.

I have been reporting lately as what has arrived and has been loaded as well re-enter service with CPTDB confirming it with more detail info or correct some of the info. I do get info from there like others that gets posted in a thread. Not everyone use CPTDB or this board or someone else blog looking for info on and use the board only they use all the time.

As for the link, good info and could be weeks after cars arrive, depart or re-enter service when it is updated.

I have no answer when and where midlife rebuilt will take place and that is still 11 years off.

After arriving Sept 23, 33 days ago, 4429 has re-enter service on 511

Arriving Aug 31, 55 days ago, 4428 finally re-enter service today on route 511.

I thought it would enter service s few days ago while it was at Roncesvalles on the west side after spending time in the service bay.

It looked like it was going to do it Sunday as it had an in service arrow with no route. It ended up an hour later at the Barns after using Dundas to across the city.

It look like 4429 was also going to enter service today as well as it was at the front of the line for service cars, but at the end of the line on the service track.

Leslie Barns has 4429, 4430, 4431 4440 being service and should be in service by late Dec. with 4440 being the last one.

If I use 135 days for turn around, we will see cars around as follow

4441 Feb 04/22

4442 Dec 16/21

4443 Feb 22/22

4446 Dec 23/21

4450 Dec 31/21

4453 Jan 13/22

Screenshot_2021-10-27_070724.jpg

It was loaded at Hillcrest on Oct 5 and 2022 when it return

So...how's that "desperately" needed order for another 60 streetcars coming along?

With the 504 not allow west of Dufferin until 2022 and 501 west of Church along with ridership, TTC is ok until service resume on those 2 routes in 2022.. The last of the 60 cars are to arrive in 2025.

7 of 60 cars are for QQE and will not be needed until 2027-30 when the line opens.

2030 could be the year cars starting to see midlife rebuilt

4446 has been off loaded today after leaving Aug 10, 86 days ago.

4448 has taken 4446 place on the Flat.

Edit:

4431 has reenter service on 501 after arriving Oct 5th, 22 days ago,

Last edited:
4450 has been off loaded as it was loaded Aug 18, 84 days ago. If off loaded Friday, it would have been the fastest turn around car.

4444 has taken 4450 spot on the flat.

Is 4442 in town as it should have been here before 4446??

Does anybody know anything about the former Bombardier facility next door to UTDC Kingston? It's at 5055 Taylor Kidd Blvd, currently occupied by Direct Coil. I was looking at some aerial photography and saw that they are connected to each other with tracks. Does anybody know what was manufactured here?

Does anybody know anything about the former Bombardier facility next door to UTDC Kingston? It's at 5055 Taylor Kidd Blvd, currently occupied by Direct Coil. I was looking at some aerial photography and saw that they are connected to each other with tracks. Does anybody know what was manufactured here?
Bombardier bought the facility from SNC-Lavalin after one of the predecessors of that outfit bought UTDC from the Ontario Government in the 1986. As far as I know, the manufacturing facility there maintained a dual-ownership until Bombardier's purchase in or around 1991.

The facility was built first to test the ICTS system - both its motors and signalling system - and then the production facility was built a couple of years later to build the cars. A satellite facility was built in Vancouver to assemble many of their early cars, but most of the ICTS (now ART) cars built were done so at Millhaven. They've also used the facility to build monorail fleets for some orders. Other vehicles have been built there as well, including most of the TTC's former ALRV fleet (the first 11 were built in Thunder Bay, with the 12th shipped - in pieces - to Millhaven for final assembly), the Flexity Freedom cars for Kitchener, Toronto and Edmonton, and 8 of the TTC's Flexity cars for their downtown fleet.

Dan

^Cant wait to hear of the next latest Standard Operating Procedure set by the TTC to mitigate this kind of accident, which will result in even more dreadful streetcar operations.

4453 was off loaded yesterday after been off property 77 days. This is the fastest turn around to date,

4445 has taken 4453 spot on the flat.

4429 has looked like it ready to reenter service the last last few days after being here 50 plus days.

Back