News   Apr 19, 2024
 149     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 832     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 7.8K     2 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Can somebody help my geeky curiosity - does BBD Millhaven have a rail connection or are they trucked? I looked at Google satellite and can only see what appears to be a pulled up connection.

Milhaven has a rail connection, and a level loading dock onto which they can load and unload LRTs. The old connection that you see on Google Maps has been rebuilt.

Dan

-4405 and 4406 look to be entering service either tomorrow or this weekend
-4402 did not go back for welding, but has been out of service pending new axels but looks like the repairs it needed have been fixed, meaning it will re-enter service soon
What happen to 4405 & 4406 as they aren't in service at this time?????

4402 is out testing on St Clair.

4405 like other cars before it should enter service in about 40 days after arriving after been fix. It arrived February 27, 2019 and is tracking.

4406 could be in service this afternoon or tomorrow as it now sitting in the yard at the front of the line after arriving Dec 16, 2019 or 76 days so far.

4403 is in the service bay

What happen to 4405 & 4406 as they aren't in service at this time?????

4402 is out testing on St Clair.

4405 like other cars before it should enter service in about 40 days after arriving after been fix. It arrived February 27, 2019 and is tracking.

4406 could be in service this afternoon or tomorrow as it now sitting in the yard at the front of the line after arriving Dec 16, 2019 or 76 days so far.

4403 is in the service bay

4402 is now in the Beaches testing, and 4403 was moved around the yard next to 4406.

4403 is now signed onto 301 for in service testing
Its still sitting in the service bay as a 301 and a first seeing that

4402 back on the yard service track. 4406 back in the service bay alone with 4405.

-4403 currently on one of the dead tracks in the yard parked at the front of the line. It has yet to go out for testing

-4406 back in the service bay once again, been 78 days and still nothing for this one.

-4402 at Hillcrest for VISION installation

-4403 currently on one of the dead tracks in the yard parked at the front of the line. It has yet to go out for testing

-4406 back in the service bay once again, been 78 days and still nothing for this one.

-4402 at Hillcrest for VISION installation
4402 at Hillcrest for VISION installation is mind blowing, considering the car hasn't seen service in almost a year and still has to go to Quebec for Welds repairs. Based on the fact that the 19 week turn around is more like a year with TTC having to spend another 2 months dealing with the car before it can reenter service, how much more time is TTC staff going to waste to get VISION back to working order once the car returns from Quebec on top what taking place now??? Far better taking a car that doesn't needs welds fix to have VISION install in it than 4402.

4405 GPS been off line for a number of days

-4403 was last seen around 11:30 looping around Lesile

-4405 tracking in the service bay

-4406 tracking outside of the city, not sure where it's physically located in Lesile atm

-4402 tracking at Hillcrest signed onto 511 testing Vision system.

Update post from Munro:

Surprise, surprise! The TTC has extended running times and recovery times for yet another streetcar route.

This organization is a joke, the amount of time people waste on their commutes because streetcars crawl on their routes and layover for extended periods is ridiculous. It's to the point where I honestly think there needs to be step-back crews on all routes at all points of the day. The amount of times I see streetcars held up and the outer ends of a route waiting for the streetcar ahead to clear the terminal is just outright laughable.

This is exactly the reason why people think people think buses are quicker than streetcars, because they are based on how the TTC operates the 2 modes.

As for TTC falling behind on maintenance as claim by BBD, did they take the on going issues that are part of their failure to supply the right parts as well built the cars into consideration?? Why is it taking TTC staff 45 to X days to get cars back into service after they have see their weld fix, spending time in Kingston compare to the 10-20 days it takes to get new cars into service?? All this excess time having one or more cars in the service bay takes away space for cars that can be service in a shorter time frame.

4403 is doing its 2nd night of testing in a roll and currently at the Roncesvalles Yard.

If we all live in a prefect world, there will still be whiners.

The new fleet wasn't to have squealing wheels as the car turn, but the first night 4400 went down to the Ex loop for testing, it squeal leaving the Hillcrest. The new cars do squeal from time to time depending on location and car, but doesn't even come close to the old fleet. The folks at Cherry St/King and Shaw/Queen want the countryside sound at night that is a joke since we are a 7/24 society these days. If they want countryside sound, they need to move there. I have stood at Cherry/King intersection a number of time to listen for the squealing, as well shot videos of cars turning and very rare you heard a car squeal.

The folks at Cherry St/King and Shaw/Queen want the countryside sound at night that is a joke since we are a 7/24 society these days. If they want countryside sound, they need to move there. I have stood at Cherry/King intersection a number of time to listen for the squealing, as well shot videos of cars turning and very rare you heard a car squeal.
Same with me the only time I ever heard any wheel squeal it was when they had the clrvs running on it when it first opened before they had enough new cars to run on it exclusively.

Same with me the only time I ever heard any wheel squeal it was when they had the clrvs running on it when it first opened before they had enough new cars to run on it exclusively.
From time to time, you will hear a new car fleet squeal while turning somewhere in the system, but no way close to the old fleet. I do hear the odd new car squeal at Cherry back then as well today, but no big deal. I guess they like the sound of trucks, cars hitting the breaks from speeding or any of the emergency vehicles or police flying by their place at night.

I have stood at Cherry/King intersection a number of time to listen for the squealing, as well shot videos of cars turning and very rare you heard a car squeal.
That’s a silly expectation, and besides don’t these people live right beside the GO/VIA tracks? There’s your noise.

Back