News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 638     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

There’s only two players making LRTs in North America; Alstrom and Siemens,
CAF and Kinki Sharyo are also somewhat relevant.
Interesting, thanks. I was not aware that they produce/assemble LRTs in North America. Where, for what markets?

EDIT - I see assembly near Seattle, very cool. Though I suppose the plants located in Canada would get some favouritism.

Last edited:
Anyone know what up with 4601 that been sitting on the service track in the yard the last 2 weeks considering it arrived January 21, 2019? It should be in service now.

According to the CEO 's Report it will happen this week:
With the exception of one streetcar, which was returned for weld repairs before it was fully commissioned, all streetcars ordered are scheduled to be commissioned for revenue service this month.

According to the CEO 's Report it will happen this week:
We will see since it hasn't move in over 2 weeks from the yard service track. Normally its 11-17 days from arrival to service with the odd car being up to 30 days. 4601 arrived Jan 21 and that more than 30 days so far.

4406 is tracking again after being MIA for a week in the service bay. Maybe 4405 & 4405 may have VISION installed in them to go along with the 4 cars that have it now

Boston, Kansas City, Houston, Seattle, Cincinnati and Maryland have CAF cars. .Kansas City & Cincinnati cars are 66', Boston is 74', Houston 100', Seattle 66'?, and Maryland are 136'

4601 is tracking on 512 this morning.

With 4601 now in service, just 4405, 4406, the rest of the welding cars and 4401 need to reenter/enter service. Safe to say we've reached the end of cars entering service for the first time aside from 4401, as the rest will all be reentering after their welding repairs

Odd that it in service now considering it was still on the service track last night. Could been there because of paperwork, but regardless of the issue, its in service 35 days after arrival. .

Now to see how long 4405 & 4406 take to reenter service as well the arrival of 4404, 4407 & 4408. Then, what 7 cars will next to be ship to Quebec for welds repair.

Then there is 4471 & 4478 still to be ship from TB that will be tested before reentering service.

Once 4401 arrives and enter service, it will close the book for cars entering service until the next batch of NEW cars are order and ship which could be 2025+.

I believe the list of MIA cars is supposed to be down to 4 cars from 20+ that are in service. That helps the spare ratio.

Odd that it in service now considering it was still on the service track last night. Could been there because of paperwork, but regardless of the issue, its in service 35 days after arrival. .

Now to see how long 4405 & 4406 take to reenter service as well the arrival of 4404, 4407 & 4408. Then, what 7 cars will next to be ship to Quebec for welds repair.

Then there is 4471 & 4478 still to be ship from TB that will be tested before reentering service.

Once 4401 arrives and enter service, it will close the book for cars entering service until the next batch of NEW cars are order and ship which could be 2025+.

I believe the list of MIA cars is supposed to be down to 4 cars from 20+ that are in service.

4405 and 4406 should be in service later this week, all cars available for service will be in service this week per CEO's Report

I worked in that station for over two years. The cross braces you see (flimsy looking ones) are "safety braces" lol for when were routing electrical wiring and setting up the cove equipment. I miss working on the lrv, had a awesome team lead and fellow station members. The people seen in this image took over that station as of dec 6

1582827374657.png

So four have come back, of which one is in service, and no more have left yet. At this rate, it'll take about 16 years to finish this work. 4402 seems to be tracking at Bedford & Lowther, has it gone to Hillcrest? It's been languishing at Leslie for the past 9 months or so.

So four have come back, of which one is in service, and no more have left yet. At this rate, it'll take about 16 years to finish this work. 4402 seems to be tracking at Bedford & Lowther, has it gone to Hillcrest? It's been languishing at Leslie for the past 9 months or so.
You mean it will be the end of the life cycle for these cars being fix. Taking a year plus for a number of cars so far from time been loaded for Quebec until they arrive back at Hillcrest compare to the plan 19 week turn around.

February 20, 2019 saw 4403 loaded for Quebec.

So 4404, 4407 and 4408 are still to be return to TTC. Then 4407 is most likely still in Montreal due to tracks been close. No idea on 4402 since I don't track them after they enter service or have arrived, but not reenter service.

4405 & 4406 still in the service bay, with 4406 last seen 3 hr ago and 4406 in different locations. 24 days for 4405 and 69 days for 4406 since they were off loaded. 4406 now has the longest time from arrival to reentering service so far.and counting.

With cars going to Kingston first sounds like they are putting the car back together there than in Quebec.

Guess TTC waiting for the last 3 cars to return before shipping anymore cars to be fix.

Last edited:
Can somebody help my geeky curiosity - does BBD Millhaven have a rail connection or are they trucked? I looked at Google satellite and can only see what appears to be a pulled up connection.

-4405 and 4406 look to be entering service either tomorrow or this weekend
-4402 did not go back for welding, but has been out of service pending new axels but looks like the repairs it needed have been fixed, meaning it will re-enter service soon

Back