News   Mar 28, 2024
 230     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 224     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 277     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I'm not sure about the prototypes but here is the Eglinton car Bombardier showed off to Media in October 2018.

It looks like the driver is standing without a seat available or a cab door. But, the other end doesn't appear to have a cab either. Perhaps this was a middle car and both ends had yard controls only?

I assume the 6 cars they're expecting will make 2 complete trains, rather than 6 middle sections.
There is no middle car. It's suppose to be all single end cars for the Eglinton Line and they would couple two together to make a train. Since ML changes their minds all the time, who knows what they want.

Reactions: rbt
4519 Just left the yard for testing

4518 GPS is all over the place and still in the service bay.

Any info on 4572 @drum118 ?
Even though your UT Handle gives one a clue (Fanatic: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause. ) Why on earth are you so anxious about these new streetcars? As you must know, it will take minutes (at most!) for someone to report that car x or car y has left Kingston or TB/arrived/been put into service/crashed/etc etc. A good New Year resolution might be "Calm down"

Even though your UT Handle gives one a clue (Fanatic: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause. ) Why on earth are you so anxious about these new streetcars? As you must know, it will take minutes (at most!) for someone to report that car x or car y has left Kingston or TB/arrived/been put into service/crashed/etc etc. A good New Year resolution might be "Calm down"

But, irconically, it took minutes for you to post the defention of fanatic. You need to stop this, I don't think I need to calm down, I'm calm enough already, I need energy every now and then.

Didn't those two cars have cabs at both ends? They'd need modifications I'd think ... if they weren't converted to Kitchener cars or something ...

One did, one didn't. They may have needed modifications (they certainly needed software), but they've also been at Millhaven for nearly 2 years now. I should hope that they would have had more than enough time to do the work.

Dan

One did, one didn't. They may have needed modifications (they certainly needed software), but they've also been at Millhaven for nearly 2 years now. I should hope that they would have had more than enough time to do the work.

Dan
For a significant portion of that time BBD couldn't even really do anything with them because Metrolinx refused to acknowledge that they even existed.

4519 did a in service 501 test run this evening. 4518 and 4572 could enter service sometime Saturday-Tuesday, I'm guessing. I am pretty sure everyone is looking forward to 4572 to enter service, I know I am.

Back