News   Mar 28, 2024
 996     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 556     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 848     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

4516 is departing the yard as a 512 after 15 days been here.

4572 is heading to St Clair

Last edited:
Spotted 4519 yesterday
A0C6B1BA-0E83-4939-9461-AEAB89CD804E.jpeg

4517 is now on track 21 about 2 cars from the font and looks ready for service on Sunday

4572 was spending a lot of time on 509 today testing. It currently northbound on Church.

4517 is in service as a 510 after 11 days been here

Did you post the specific car numbers that were out there today? This is what thettctransitfanatic posted. But you immediately found something else entirely to criticize about.
I'm not sure why you are objecting to me pointing out that we don't a list of Flexities out on 501 on Saturday mornings.
maybe I should stop reporting this stuff ! )
That would be nice.
Hang on, are you saying we don't need a list of Flexities out on 501 on Saturday mornings? LOL!

I think I found a place that is not this thread where I can post those weekend spare Flexities, or any special streetcar assignment:

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/ttc-flexity-clrv-special-assignments.29433/
There is no need for this type of thread, as they will appear on 501 in regular service in 2019, since its the next line to get cars. That thread needs to be remove now.

The new Fleet of cars will show up as assign by management as to when and where. Other than you and maybe a few others, who care what cars are on what route as to when and where. I will speak for myself, I care when cars arrived, start tracking, doing testing and entering service on x route is more important than what you want. I will leave it to others to say what they want to see.

This is not just for that, but any special sighting of any CLRV, or Flexity.
What so special about that, when they show up in other threads in the first place like TTC Catch All?????

Last edited:
I have been obsessively reporting cars released and delivered due to a general the lack of confidence in Bombardier to meet its promises. As 2018 ticked by, it was helpful to have a tally that shed light on progress to the year-end goal.

We now know that Bombardier’s 2018 production came fairly close to its promised schedule. For 2019, we may not need quite so detailed a tally. In theory, Bombardier is to deliver the rest of the fleet in 2019. If they meet that target, wonderful, but if a few cars don't arrive until early 2020 it is much less of an issue than when few new cars were on hand and production pace was lagging.

Going forward the reliability and availability of the delivered fleet may be more of a concern than the arrival of the last 20 or 30 cars. Only TTC can track that metric. I will try to keep up arrival reports for another 20 cars or so. As noted, we may soon care more about whether the last 30 or 40 CLRVs are still hanging in there than in how Flexities are being deployed.

- Paul

I have been obsessively reporting cars released and delivered due to a general the lack of confidence in Bombardier to meet its promises. As 2018 ticked by, it was helpful to have a tally that shed light on progress to the year-end goal.

We now know that Bombardier’s 2018 production came fairly close to its promised schedule. For 2019, we may not need quite so detailed a tally. In theory, Bombardier is to deliver the rest of the fleet in 2019. If they meet that target, wonderful, but if a few cars don't arrive until early 2020 it is much less of an issue than when few new cars were on hand and production pace was lagging.

Going forward the reliability and availability of the delivered fleet may be more of a concern than the arrival of the last 20 or 30 cars. Only TTC can track that metric. I will try to keep up arrival reports for another 20 cars or so. As noted, we may soon care more about whether the last 30 or 40 CLRVs are still hanging in there than in how Flexities are being deployed.

- Paul

Especially the part on CLRVs, won't be long before that is what we talk about, 69 are getting ready for retirement in 2019, leaving just 44.

Back