News   Mar 28, 2024
 422     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 375     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 726     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

4514 is in service on 512 after 9 days

4517 is now tracking, but not 4572 yet. Since 4572 is the first car from Kingston, expect TTC will be spending a lot more time checking 4572 car out to see any different between Kingston and Thunder Bay production lines to worry about.

4515 could enter service between 22-24 at this time

4516 doing an in service test as 301 on King St westbound at Yonge.

4517 is now tracking, but not 4572 yet. Since 4572 is the first car from Kingston, expect TTC will be spending a lot more time checking 4572 car out to see any different between Kingston and Thunder Bay production lines to worry about.

4515 could enter service between 22-24 at this time

4516 doing an in service test as 301 on King St westbound at Yonge.

4515 could enter service tomorrow for we know.

Instead of "what is that sound?", it would be "sounds like the front right wheel is loose, better check it and tighten it".

With a slight bit of saucy humour for this time of year might I add...

If a failure occurs so regularly that inspectors can spot it immediately by ear that is not a good thing.

To paraphrase a line from the film Broken Arrow: I don't know which scares me more, that we lost a nuclear weapon or that it happens so often we have a code word for it.

Last edited:
With a slight bit of saucy humour for this time of year might I add...

If a failure occurs so regularly that inspectors can spot it immediately by ear that is not a good thing.

To paraphrase a line from the film Broken Arrow: I don't know which scares me more, that we lost a nuclear weapon or that it happens so often we have a code word for it.

The inspectors have a quite a job...

4515 will be entering service Sat, as its in the yard on track 15. I was expecting to happen yesterday, but wanted to wait until it was in the yard.

4516 is at Long Branch Loop

We know 4518 & 19 are in transit, but what other car is TTC supposed to see by year end that been talked about as part of 3 more cars being here by year end by the media??

Everyone should have an ear now to say this car has X problem('s) during testing or on its first run.

We know 4518 & 19 are in transit, but what other car is TTC supposed to see by year end that been talked about as part of 3 more cars being here by year end by the media??

It’s still possible for Kingston to load and ship, and have the car here by the 31st. Less likely that CP could collect one from Thunder Bay, as the local switch moves up there seem to require a couple of days before the car gets on the road.

- Paul

It’s still possible for Kingston to load and ship, and have the car here by the 31st. Less likely that CP could collect one from Thunder Bay, as the local switch moves up there seem to require a couple of days before the car gets on the road.

- Paul
I was assuming the 3rd car was a Kingston one, but no info to back that up at this time. Every things depends on CP delivering the car to Hillcrest. One could assume BBD is paying a premium to CP to make sure TTC have these cars on their property by Dec 31.

That would mean 4518 off is off loaded Dec 27, 4519 Dec 28 and 457? Dec 31 or in some order like this. Still leaves TTC short 3 cars for 2018.

Back