News   Mar 28, 2024
 230     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 222     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 277     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

In other news: Brad Ross tweeted that they’re finally gonna deploy flexities on Queen during the weekday.

Well, I and most people on this thread knew that the deployment of Flexities on 501 was gonna eventually happen, but now that Flexities are being deployed on 501 on weekdays and Saturdays, it's great to here, even if it's just 3 Flexities, because 501 needs extra capacity.

Last edited:
Looks like 4507 has fail it first test and currently out at Long Branch Loop. It started testing early Wed after spend the last few days in the service bay, with its GPS being all over the place. It been here 14 days so far.

4508 & 09 are still not tracking after being here 10 & 5 days.

4510 was off loaded on Wed. Up to 110 delivery so far, with 94 more to go. Thats 8-9 cars a month now to meet current schedule for 2019.

Come April, it will be interesting to see how the new fleet is used, since there will be no streetcar service west of Dufferin for about 3-6 months for 501 & 504 and 511 still using buses. Could have about 130 cars in service by April.

Still seeing the odd CLRV on 504B.

Wouldn't be surprise to see next 5 plus cars going into service on 501 and increasing the number of new cars on it until it 100% Flexity. This will mean the end of the ALRV's. Its best to retire the ALRV's by year end.

TTC should be able to ship a few more cars to Quebec in Dec or late this month. Now, what is happening to the water damage cars?? Is TTC still going to ship these cars to NY or are they going to do it in house??

So far, BBD is almost a month late shipping cars from Kingston and will there be any here this month???

The failure rate has fallen again and not close to the 35k and less than 50%. Even the TR's are just over 50% for the 600,000 and how long have they been here??

Looks like 4507 has fail it first test and currently out at Long Branch Loop. It started testing early Wed after spend the last few days in the service bay, with its GPS being all over the place. It been here 14 days so far.

4508 & 09 are still not tracking after being here 10 & 5 days.

4510 was off loaded on Wed. Up to 110 delivery so far, with 94 more to go. Thats 8-9 cars a month now to meet current schedule for 2019.

Come April, it will be interesting to see how the new fleet is used, since there will be no streetcar service west of Dufferin for about 3-6 months for 501 & 504 and 511 still using buses. Could have about 130 cars in service by April.

Still seeing the odd CLRV on 504B.

Wouldn't be surprise to see next 5 plus cars going into service on 501 and increasing the number of new cars on it until it 100% Flexity. This will mean the end of the ALRV's. Its best to retire the ALRV's by year end.

TTC should be able to ship a few more cars to Quebec in Dec or late this month. Now, what is happening to the water damage cars?? Is TTC still going to ship these cars to NY or are they going to do it in house??

So far, BBD is almost a month late shipping cars from Kingston and will there be any here this month???

The failure rate has fallen again and not close to the 35k and less than 50%. Even the TR's are just over 50% for the 600,000 and how long have they been here??

Will 505 still be using buses in April ? That's one likely place aside from 510, 509, 512 and 504B.

Will 505 still be using buses in April ? That's one likely place aside from 510, 509, 512 and 504B.
505 has been using buses because of construction by the city. Need to look at schedule changes to see whats going on and when.

I have no idea what TTC has plan for 505 or 506 in 2019, but TTC is saying only 25 CLRV's will be around by the end of 2019 at this time and no ALRV's.

505 has been using buses because of construction by the city. Need to look at schedule changes to see whats going on and when.

I have no idea what TTC has plan for 505 or 506 in 2019, but TTC is saying only 25 CLRV's will be around by the end of 2019 at this time and no ALRV's.

Well, then it is an wait and see situation then.

A fender bender to 4468. I was on my first ALRV ride for weeks, and one stop into my ride, we were forced to walk as an auto hit 4468 right in front of us at about 5:15 pm.

1542328061519.png

When does a Flexity call Russell or Roncesvalles home?

And, now we are down a Flexity. How serious was the crash ??
Newsflash. This one. Less two shit damaged from August. Less one which has never seen service yet, 4401. Less one or two being rewelded.

In any event this is about the fourth impact collision I can think of. So far TTC has replaced the fibreglass panels quickly and the vehicles have been returned (relatively) quickly to service.

One hopes that the Flexity design would be crash-resistant and the placement of gear under those front fenders was thought out with an eye to not putting anything complicated where it could be compromised by potential mishaps. Doesn't look serious, but a camera phone shot may not be that reliable.

- Paul

4507 will finally enter service on Friday as its in the yard now. Still nothing showing for 4508 & 09.

By the look of 4468, it needs a new front skirt. Beyond that, hard to say what else needs to be replace.

One hopes that the Flexity design would be crash-resistant and the placement of gear under those front fenders was thought out with an eye to not putting anything complicated where it could be compromised by potential mishaps. Doesn't look serious, but a camera phone shot may not be that reliable.

- Paul
Doesn't look like anything substantial was damaged in this incident. What I do hope is that the TTC has a good supply of fiberglass replacement panels.

Saw no Flexity on 501 today, but didn't spent that much time around Church St and Queen. Saw only green lights and 4221

Still nothing on 4508-4510 yet, considering 4508 has been here 12 days so far and 7 days for 4509.

The quality control of the BBD video is just like their cars. Better off testing the cars in Quebec and assuming that will happen before they are ship back to TTC once the repairs are done.

PCC 4549 was on charter today going southbound on Church and was follow by an CLRV.

Saw no Flexity on 501 today, but didn't spent that much time around Church St and Queen. Saw only green lights and 4221

Still nothing on 4508-4510 yet, considering 4508 has been here 12 days so far and 7 days for 4509.

The quality control of the BBD video is just like their cars. Better off testing the cars in Quebec and assuming that will happen before they are ship back to TTC once the repairs are done.

PCC 4549 was on charter today going southbound on Church and was follow by an CLRV.

According to Transsee, 4432, 4462, 4455, 4443, 4467, 4424 and 4506 are all out on 501A this Sunday morning, and 4217 and 4236 are on 501L. I don't think Flexities are scheduled for Saturdays.

Last edited:

Back