News   Apr 18, 2024
 620     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.4K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Thats fast. 4496 is tracking and looks like TTC is planning to fast track the new cars due to current conditions.

4495 is still out testing and close to 24 hrs since it went out.

4489 GPS is acting up and has it at non TTC areas from time to time since entering service today,

4494 still in the service bay

4489 has enter service on 509 after 7 days after its last test doing a short 2 hr trip of all things. Took only 50 days to get in service.

Considering how flaky NextBus and its feeds have been over the past two days, do we know for certain that 4489 is on the roads or in service? Has anyone actually seen it out there today?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Considering how flaky NextBus and its feeds have been over the past two days, do we know for certain that 4489 is on the roads or in service? Has anyone actually seen it out there today?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Thats a good question related to 4489.

I noticed last night it was at the east end of track 2 ready to go into service which was odd, considering it spent next to no time in testing like the rest of the fleet.

The few times I have look at it today, the GPS said the car is on 509, but not even close to that route.

Currently, it just left the Ex.

4495 is now in the service bay after about 24 hours of testing.

Many cars have been sign in as 501 during testing as well as 505 and 506, This is one of them.

It about to come out of the yard for more testing after spending time in the service bay and no route number. This could be its last day of testing if it to enter service Sept 4.

4496 still in the service bay and yet to see testing.

4494 been in the service bay since its last test run on Aug 24 and should be entering service any day now.

4497 could be off loaded Sept 4 or 5th.

Many cars have been sign in as 501 during testing as well as 505 and 506, This is one of them.

It about to come out of the yard for more testing after spending time in the service bay and no route number. This could be its last day of testing if it to enter service Sept 4.

4496 still in the service bay and yet to see testing.

4494 been in the service bay since its last test run on Aug 24 and should be entering service any day now.

4497 could be off loaded Sept 4 or 5th.

They are really pumping out these cars... At this rate we will see 4600 by the end of the summer.

They are really pumping out these cars... At this rate we will see 4600 by the end of the summer.
You mean 4500 by Mid Sept. If it 4600 you want, next year for it.

4495 was at Hillcrest taking a break.

4494 was out in the yard and back in the service bay.

4496 heading north on Bathurst to St Clair for its first test run.

4495 is out again for the 2nd time today. Westbound on Queen at Dufferin

Edit:
4494 has just left the yard after a week in the service bay for testing by the looks of things

Last edited:
4494 is now in service after a few runs on 509.

I watch the car from the yard by King, Church, Richmond, Victoria, Queen, Spadina. to the Ex.

It did a number of runs testing before it enter service 2 hours after leaving the yard.

That was a short test run for 4495 and now in the service bay. Next run should be in service in the next few days.

Last edited:
It was rain inside of 4487 today.

The AC vent was dripping water by the 2nd fare machine on people, with a pool of water on the floor there. First car I have seen with this issue.

Talked to some folks from the US trying to pay their fare with no success since one fare machine out of service and the other having a hard time accepting cash. I said best to pay on the next route and ride free since I had no success getting a transfer for them. Par for the course on any streetcar I have been on that doesn't have a fare issue.

Back