News   Mar 28, 2024
 586     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 431     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 759     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

And when 4500 embarks on its maiden voyage the members of this thread will gather outside the yard and cheer as it pulls out into the street for the first time. And also board it to become its first passengers.

I'm not condoning this rather risky behaviour, but I'm a tad surprised that no Flexity fan or itinerant idiot has attempted this yet on any of the deliveries. Hopefully wiser minds prevail.

- Paul

Last edited:
4491 is now tracking

No idea whats up with 4489, but still sitting on the service track in the yard and has yet to do any testing after 17 days

4486 is on in service track and could enter service tomorrow after being here 30 days.

4486 after 29 days been here has enter service on 504. It current heading toward Dundas West Station.

It was on track 2 yesterday and was expecting to enter service either today or the next few days.

4488 or 4490 will be the next 2 to enter service this week.

Hey, wondering what % of 504 King is new streetcars now on a weekday, and when can we expect it to be fully Flexity? Thanks
It varies and you can check online to see what kind of car is running. At one time they wanted (and 'promised') only Flexities on weekends but this is certainly not happening (more demand on Harbourfront??). They last said 'all Flexities on 504/514 by fall 2018 but (as with most TTC 'promises') is something we shall see, or not.

Due to a forest fire a portion of the CN mainline has been shutdown (the fire is called Parry Sound 33), and traffic is being forced onto the CP line. Not knowing where the line interchanges are.... another oppurtinity to see a streetcar going over the CPR Trestle in Parry Sound? I also wonder if that will impact deliveries.

Due to a forest fire a portion of the CN mainline has been shutdown (the fire is called Parry Sound 33), and traffic is being forced onto the CP line. Not knowing where the line interchanges are.... another oppurtinity to see a streetcar going over the CPR Trestle in Parry Sound? I also wonder if that will impact deliveries.

My understanding is the interchange points are between MacTier and Parry Sound in the south, and Sudbury in the north - so if a train carrying one of the new cars is going southbound on the CP line, it would indeed pass over the Parry Sound CPR trestle.

The interchange points are near Sudbury and just south of Parry Sound. So hypothetically, yes - southbound traffic on CP would cross the trestle.

I wonder what kind of timing or traffic restictions will apply however. CP and/or Bombardier may simply be happier to hold lower priority traffic for a few days. The CP line no longer has sufficient siding capacity for full counter flow operation.

- Paul

Giving the fact 4489 has spent most of its time since arrival on July 10 (20 days ago) out in the yard and has yet to do any test running, I guess its part of this problem. This is the first car I have seen so far that has fail to do any testing by now.

[Delete]
Don't know if 4486 is near ready for service or not, but it been here 32 days so far and the longest of any car to enter service when it does.?[/delete]

Hard to say at this time if the pole issues for 4491 was minor or not, but been in various service bays as well out in the yard. 7 days and counting.

By the looks of things, 4490 has finished testing and been ready for service after 12 days been here.

TTC official raised red flags about Bombardier streetcar quality control

Last edited:
TTC official raised red flags about Bombardier streetcar quality control
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...out-bombardier-streetcar-quality-control.html

A TTC official supervising the transit agency’s $1-billion streetcar purchase expressed concerns earlier this year that vehicle manufacturer Bombardier was deviating from proper quality control processes “on a regular basis,” the Star has learned.

The emails recently obtained by the Star show senior TTC officials continue to consider it a priority to help Bombardier meet delivery targets. On June 27, 2018, Bem Case, TTC head of vehicle programs, told colleagues to waive regular overtime rules and have agency vehicle inspectors available on site any time Bombardier requested over the coming days. “This is of strategic importance,” Case said, given the company is “close to meeting their end of quarter targets.”

Looks like someone lifted up the carpet.

Back