News   Apr 24, 2024
 141     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 602     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

July 19
Caught this sign on College St just west of the lights for Beverly St. I also found them on Queen and King just before the first set of lights like College. I am assuming Dundas is the same since I didn't have a look at the area.

Caught 4463 heading east on Queen out of service at Dufferin St.

Not sure if 4430 was to go out of service once it reach Bloor-Spadina Loop as it had is pole up in place of the Pan at King going northbound as a 510. Got off it at Queen.

4486 in the service bay along with 4487 who GPS has it out in the lake.

4488 out in Long Branch testing.

4489 sitting out in the yard waiting for space in the service bay
29647473278_2839eb753f_b.jpg

4490 is now tracking after 2 days been here.

4488 Is an arrow as a 501 out in Long Branch and has to be testing since it left the yard as a 301 dot some hours ago. It only been here 16 days.

4489 sitting outside the east service bays the last 24 hrs.

Wouldn't be surprise to see 4486 & 87 in service this weekend since they been here 22/21 days so far

Looks like 4488 may enter service before 4486 & 87, as its sitting on track 2 in the yard and done its time in the service bay. Most likely tomorrow.

4487 GPS has it out in the lake and inside service bay. 4487 is in the service bay.

4489 looks like it was out for testing as it was sitting on the inbound track.

4490 in service bay

Is there an updated distribution schedule for the various routes? I can't take much more of the stupid bus on the 505...

Is there an updated distribution schedule for the various routes? I can't take much more of the stupid bus on the 505...
Have to wait until Sept for Streetcars or when work is done.

I haven't seen or heard of any changes from the last list, but 512 should be done by Sept for new cars. More cars will be added to 504 first before the remaining process starts for other routes.

4490 is out for testing westbound on Queen and thats is fast based on the last few months deliveries.

Not sure what going on with the other not in service cars, but a few are past their time for being in service.

4486 GPS has had the car all over the place the last few days.

4487 has left the service bay and in service yard waiting another spot in the service bay.

4488 still sitting on track 2 in service track the last 18 hours or so and was last seen 12 hrs ago

4489 is still sitting on an inbound track since last night.

4491 was off loaded this morning and it has problems. 4470 is to tow it to the barns.

8 more more before 4500 shows up, giving TTC 100 out of 204 here.

4491 was off loaded this morning and it has problems. 4470 is to tow it to the barns.

8 more more before 4500 shows up, giving TTC 100 out of 204 here.

Sounds like just a badly bent trolley pole which could have been from some over-stiff springs or an undetected defect in the pole.

After 26 days, 4487 enter service at 9 am and on 510 at 9:36.

4490 is in Bathurst Loop At Bloor for testing.

Last edited:
4488 & 4489 are still in the same location they were 24 hrs ago and been there close to 48 hrs. Either a GPS issue or unknown reason why they are there. 4488 been here 20 days, 4489, 14 days.

According to Transsee, 4489 has yet to leave the yard

4486 did a short run from the yard to Spadina by Queen this afternoon and in the service bay now. Left the yard at 4:35 and was back 6:35. 4486 has been here 26 days.

4487 only had a short day as it left 510 at 4 pm and currently in the service bay.

4490 was out testing and in service bay now. It stop at the Bloor Loop on its way to 512 for some odd reason. It had a very short day of testing.

I haven't keep a record of when cars do their first test run, but it has been 10-15 days for some odd reason, with 4490 being one of a few this year that has done under 10 days.

Looks like a batch of problem cars been push out the door to meet quarter numbers as well for the holiday shut down.

Based on 2017 from delivery to in service, only 4490 & 91 should be in the service bay and the rest in service.

Well that didn't take long.

The reason that 4487 have a very short day on its first day in operation was the fact it hit a pickup truck doing an illegal turn in front of it. No idea what damages were done to the car nor how long it will be out of service.

4490 spent most of yesterday testing to the point it was still out in Long Branch at 2:30 am when I went to bed. it currently in the service bay

Looks like a batch of problem cars been push out the door to meet quarter numbers as well for the holiday shut down.

That's pure speculation based on zero evidence other than your personal bias. It could just as easily be vacations within the TTC testing staff, or a deliberate delay on the TTC side since they are expecting a dip in deliveries coming out of the shutdown in Thunder Bay. It could also be related to the track construction on Broadview limiting where they can test. It might also be that the TTC is unable to test more than one or two cars at a time and that they are backed up because Bombardier is finally getting cars delivered at regular intervals.

If you have real evidence or information that those cars were pushed out the door to meet numbers, feel free to share. Otherwise I think it's safe to assume that these cars are no different than the last bunch and there are other reasons (unknown to any of us) why they aren't getting into service as quickly as they have in the past.

Last edited:
And when 4500 embarks on its maiden voyage the members of this thread will gather outside the yard and cheer as it pulls out into the street for the first time. And also board it to become its first passengers.

It's not just riding it, it's also cycling along Dundas, which admittedly is dangerous at the best of times, but at least with streetcars, it made the flow much more predictable...well...in a relative sense. There's still the highly dangerous situation of cars parked very close to the tracks (and door prizes) along the Lansdowne to Core section, not that most cyclists seem to give it a thought. Most cyclists don't think it seems. By pacing the streetcars, it offers a degree of protection when they stop behind you, as traffic must stop. (some don't, but that's another matter, ditto idiot cyclists). By communicating with the right body language and hand signals with streetcar drivers, more often than not they respect that, and protocol allows for a much safer, stress free (again, in a relative sense) trip down or uptown. Buses, by pulling into the curb for stops, completely alter that dynamic. It becomes a free-for-all on the road, especially when approaching stops. Streetcars usually allow you to clear the stop, even if you're neck and neck, before opening their doors. That's not possible with buses, and getting stuck behind them is like having your head stuck in a chimney, and sightlines completely blocked.

Last edited:
And when 4500 embarks on its maiden voyage the members of this thread will gather outside the yard and cheer as it pulls out into the street for the first time. And also board it to become its first passengers.
Since you're on this thread, you're including yourself in that? :rolleyes:

Back