News   Apr 19, 2024
 56     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 449     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 787     3 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

The Dufferin 504s are scheduled to loop at Kingston Road and Queen on weekends and during the evenings on weekdays. Some CLRVs just put a 504 Greenwood and Queen sign because that's the closest to Kingston Road that the 504 rollsigns get. The only other options are 501 Kingston Road and Queen and 502 Kingston Road and Queen.
Have any Flexities made their way along Kingston road in service or are they turning back before heading there.

Have any Flexities made their way along Kingston road in service or are they turning back before heading there.

The 503/504B service runs Dufferin Gate Loop (Exhibition) to Bingham Loop (Victoria Park) will operate during the daytime, Monday to Friday.

So the answer is, yes, in service Flexities are on Kingston Road from Monday to Friday.

The 503/504B service runs Dufferin Gate Loop (Exhibition) to Bingham Loop (Victoria Park) will operate during the daytime, Monday to Friday.

So the answer is, yes, in service Flexities are on Kingston Road from Monday to Friday.
cool, I wonder if any of them will be in service tomorrow?

The answer is, yes, in service Flexities are on Kngston Road from Monday to Friday.
When has this happened? I took the 504 up and down Kingston Road a few times last week, and it was always CLRVs. And all the 503/504B I saw on the tracker were CLRVs. All the 502s as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two have slipped up there unplanned, but I don't think this is common or scheduled!

When has this happened? I took the 504 up and down Kingston Road a few times last week, and it was always CLRVs. And all the 503/504B I saw on the tracker were CLRVs. All the 502s as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two have slipped up there unplanned, but I don't think this is common or scheduled!
Nope. Seen a number of Flexitys doing Woodbine and Kingston Rd trips during the day.

At 1.40 am you have 504, 504 (504 Cbr), 504 (504C) 504 (504Awl) cars out. 4450 (504C) is heading to Woodbine with car going to Dundas W and Dufferin Loop. 4181 is the lone CLRV out on the line. There is also 3 buses out for 504 as 504 (504Dbus)

None of the Dufferin-Bingham or Dufferin-Kingston Road runs are scheduled as Flexity runs (the exception is the night-car that runs from Dundas-West to Kingston Road and Queen, this is Flexity), they are all supposed to be CLRVs. However, on weekends and holidays, they swap some CLRVs for Flexitys I guess because they have some extra Flexitys available. So, on weekends and holidays, you may see some Flexitys heading to Kingston Road and Queen, but during the week when the cars are going up to Bingham Loop, you most likely won't see Flexitys up there.

At 7:40 am, 3 CLRV on 504, with 2 at Woodbine. There are 12 Flexity out using Dundas W, Dufferin and Cherry loops. Not sure if 4458 is coming into service or was out at Woodbine, as it is at Broadview westbound. 5 buses are out as well.

Saw 2 Flexity on 502, 1 CLRV on 504 running from Dufferin Loop to the east. I got on a 504 at Cherry and it was going to Dundas West. The 504 behind it was going to Dufferin..

Nope. Seen a number of Flexitys doing Woodbine and Kingston Rd trips during the day.
Woodbine loop, sure. But Kingston Road other than a few metres to access Woodbine Loop? When?

At 1.40 am you have ...
... there aren't any 504B's scheduled after about 7 pm on weekdays, and not at all on weekends. They (and 502s) are the only ones going up Kingston Road. I've only seen CLRVs so far.

Saw 2 Flexity on 502, 1 CLRV on 504 running from Dufferin Loop to the east. I got on a 504 at Cherry and it was going to Dundas West. The 504 behind it was going to Dufferin..
Today? Was just down at Kingston and Queen. I only saw 22s, some 504 Flexitys (and perhaps CLRVs) turning at Woodbine Loop, and 501s on Queen. I certainly didn't see any 502s! Perhaps they are using that route number for testing? Which car number?

Woodbine loop, sure. But Kingston Road other than a few metres to access Woodbine Loop? When?

... there aren't any 504B's scheduled after about 7 pm on weekdays, and not at all on weekends. They (and 502s) are the only ones going up Kingston Road. I've only seen CLRVs so far.

Today? Was just down at Kingston and Queen. I only saw 22s, some 504 Flexitys (and perhaps CLRVs) turning at Woodbine Loop, and 501s on Queen. I certainly didn't see any 502s! Perhaps they are using that route number for testing? Which car number?
Well, I have photos of 502 with 4458 eastbound, east of the Don, 4481 westbound at Ontario St.

I am going by what the tracker was showing at 1: 40 am

Whoa!! is 4483 going back to TB??

From what I have been seeing this last week, 4483 looks like it has issues considering it sat for 24+ hours out in the yard, sat over 12 hours on the inbound track and then sat about 24 hours or so in front of the last south service bay door. This doesn't covers the days it spent in the service bay after testing and then retested.

It currently at Hillcrest where cars are off loaded and looks like it waiting for a flat.

If it going back, not going to look good at TTC meeting next week.

Edit: One tracker has the car at Hillcrest and the other southbound on Bathurst so, it still in testing. Haven't seen a car park down on that track during testing before.

Last edited:
Well, I have photos of 502 with 4458 eastbound, east of the Don, 4481 westbound at Ontario St.
When? Possibly they are showing 502 sometimes when running into a yard? Or testing? Looking at the vehicle histories of both 4458 and 4481 for the last week, there's no mention of 502 on either. https://www.transsee.ca/triplist?a=ttc&fleet=4481&date=2018-06-25

Before June 25 2018, there hadn't been any streetcars on 502 for months ... gosh, since October 7, 2016 according to the schedules ... was it really that long? Either way, as 4458 didn't enter service until 2018, there's no indication it was assigned to 502 last week, and the photo is near downtown instead of out on Kingston Road, it doesn't conclude much.

I am going by what the tracker was showing at 1: 40 am
If the tracker is showing a 502 (or any streetcar running on Kingston Road!) at 1 AM, it's likely wrong. Or a 504B failed to set the switch correctly - and surely this does happen ... I've certainly (rarely) seen operators caught by surprise at other intersections!

Whoa!! is 4483 going back to TB??
Just because it broke down near Hillcrest during testing, doesn't mean they are shipping it back to TB? Even if that were to happen, I'd think they'd be thinking about it a lot longer. It's reportedly back at Leslie.

The Flexitys you see with the 502 sign up are not actually 502s, they just use the '502 Kingston Road and Queen' sign because that is one of the only signs available that have a 'Kingston Road and Queen' exposure. The only other option is '501 Kingston Road and Queen'. 502 is closer to 504 than 501 is, so we use 502. There is no 504 Kingston Road and Queen sign available. These cars are actually 504s on the Dufferin-Woodbine Loop route. Notice, they only use the 502 sign on eastbound trips and use 504 Dufferin or 514 Dufferin Gate on Westbound trips.

Back