News   Oct 22, 2021
 3.4K     9 
News   Oct 22, 2021
 590     0 
News   Oct 22, 2021
 578     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Any info on 4572 @drum118 ?
Even though your UT Handle gives one a clue (Fanatic: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause. ) Why on earth are you so anxious about these new streetcars? As you must know, it will take minutes (at most!) for someone to report that car x or car y has left Kingston or TB/arrived/been put into service/crashed/etc etc. A good New Year resolution might be "Calm down"

thettctransitfanatic

Member Bio
Reaction score
Even though your UT Handle gives one a clue (Fanatic: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause. ) Why on earth are you so anxious about these new streetcars? As you must know, it will take minutes (at most!) for someone to report that car x or car y has left Kingston or TB/arrived/been put into service/crashed/etc etc. A good New Year resolution might be "Calm down"

But, irconically, it took minutes for you to post the defention of fanatic. You need to stop this, I don't think I need to calm down, I'm calm enough already, I need energy every now and then.

smallspy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Didn't those two cars have cabs at both ends? They'd need modifications I'd think ... if they weren't converted to Kitchener cars or something ...

One did, one didn't. They may have needed modifications (they certainly needed software), but they've also been at Millhaven for nearly 2 years now. I should hope that they would have had more than enough time to do the work.

Dan

jordanmkasla2009

Member Bio
Reaction score
One did, one didn't. They may have needed modifications (they certainly needed software), but they've also been at Millhaven for nearly 2 years now. I should hope that they would have had more than enough time to do the work.

Dan
For a significant portion of that time BBD couldn't even really do anything with them because Metrolinx refused to acknowledge that they even existed.

thettctransitfanatic

Member Bio
Reaction score
4519 did a in service 501 test run this evening. 4518 and 4572 could enter service sometime Saturday-Tuesday, I'm guessing. I am pretty sure everyone is looking forward to 4572 to enter service, I know I am.

thettctransitfanatic

Member Bio
Reaction score
My office window looks over Queen street. I haven't looked at the numbers online, but it sure seems like the route was approaching 50% flexities today.

Yeah, quite a few Flexities were on Queen today, with the January changes on Monday, the Flexities will appear on 501 in increasing amounts till the route is fully converted sometime around late Spring or early Summer ( for the Humber-Neville section, Long Branch likely won't be converted till the fall ), assuming BBD stays on schedule,

nfitz

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
My office window looks over Queen street. I haven't looked at the numbers online, but it sure seems like the route was approaching 50% flexities today.
11 cars out now, of the 32 scheduled on non-Long Branch service. 35 scheduled earlier today. So about 1/3.

We may have seen our last scheduled CLRV on Kingston Road or King Street with 503 converted to buses after today's rush hour is over. Looks like the last car was 4146 which got back to Russell at about 7:30 pm. Who knows when we'll next see streetcars on 502 or 503.

At the rate they are going, CLRVs are going to become a rare sight other than 506 - though I assume some route will get streetcars back when all the construction bustitutions start for the Roncesvalles/King/Queen intersection work.

Yeah, quite a few Flexities were on Queen today, with the January changes on Monday, the Flexities will appear on 501 in increasing amounts till the route is fully converted sometime around late Spring or early Summer ( for the Humber-Neville section, Long Branch likely won't be converted till the fall ), assuming BBD stays on schedule,
Might be sooner than that. They look to be about 25 cars short currently to fully convert 501A. But once the construction bustitutions start February, they'll need less cars on 501A (maybe about 7?), and they'll need about 7 less cars on 504A.

So perhaps only 11 more cars needed for full conversion of 501? 8 new cars entered service in December - and they have 5 cars currently being prepared for service.

If construction bustitiution starts February 17, then we might just see all-Flexity service on 501 before Spring starts!

Last edited:

thettctransitfanatic

Member Bio
Reaction score
11 cars out now, of the 32 scheduled on non-Long Branch service. 35 scheduled earlier today. So about 1/3.

We may have seen our last scheduled CLRV on Kingston Road or King Street with 503 converted to buses after today's rush hour is over. Looks like the last car was 4146 which got back to Russell at about 7:30 pm. Who knows when we'll next see streetcars on 502 or 503.

At the rate they are going, CLRVs are going to become a rare sight other than 506 - though I assume some route will get streetcars back when all the construction bustitutions start for the Roncesvalles/King/Queen intersection work.

Might be sooner than that. They look to be about 25 cars short currently to fully convert 501A. But once the construction bustitutions start February, they'll need less cars on 501A (maybe about 7?), and they'll need about 7 less cars on 504A.

So perhaps only 11 more cars needed for full conversion of 501? 8 new cars entered service in December - and they have 5 cars currently being prepared for service.

If construction bustitiution starts February 17, then we might just see all-Flexity service on 501 before Spring starts!

Definitely the last CLRV on King Street, Kingston Rd, not sure when it or 502 will be converted, highly rumoured that 511 will get streetcars back ( it will ), presumably sometime between February and April, and yes, construction bustitution does start on February 17th for 501L, but those 7 could also be used for 511.

Last edited: