News   Oct 26, 2021
 806     3 
News   Oct 20, 2021
 97     0 
News   Oct 19, 2021
 752     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Not that scarce - there's what, 90 of them or so on the roads now?
89 less the lost 2 this week compare to the supposedly 160. Now thats is scarce along with the problem car 4489.

Looks like 4492 about ready to leave the yard for more testing.

Anyone see 4494 yet?

Admiral Beez

Member Bio
Reaction score
Maybe all those gps results showing new streetcars out in the middle of the lake are not false readings......maybe they do deep water testing in the lake to prepare for nights like last night?

tramwaybethunehumour.jpg

tram-house-boat-on-the-desna-river-ukraine-photo-sergei-rzhevsky--72372.jpg

Maltesefalcon

Member Bio
Reaction score
Also, I can assure you that the some voters expecting their tax reductions would prefer to see Torontonians die rather than pay more in tax. These are the same people that shut-down their own small town hospitals 20 years ago rather than pay more in tax to keep them open.

I have clipped the above comment from a previous post. So once again Mike Harris' fault? Or the voters of small town Ontario, that may not wish to fund Toronto's sewer system on top of major contributions to the TTC?

And as far as funding hospitals goes I thought that is why Mr McGuinty set up the health care levy in the early 2000's.

lenaitch

Member Bio
Reaction score
By the time the Special Weather Statement was issued a swath of 4 to 5 inches of rain had already fallen and the storm was drifting south. Part of the problem is that Environment Canada completely dropped the ball (and is worth prolly another thread as you would not believe how many times that happens), they also should issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning & Rainfall Warning but for some reason neglected to do so.

While you may or may not be correct, meteorology being as much an art as a predictive science, how would that knowledge have changed anything?

rbt

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have clipped the above comment from a previous post. So once again Mike Harris' fault? Or the voters of small town Ontario, that may not wish to fund Toronto's sewer system on top of major contributions to the TTC?

Voters who elected our current majority government (and scared the crap out of Wynne 5 years ago) primarily on a tax-reduction policy. Neither the province or the city have finances at current tax rates (let alone future revenue projections) to take on anything significant that isn't absolutely essential.

It's not exactly small town either. Toronto (by urban size; not using the randomly drawn divisions for managing it) controls roughly half the card; it's effectively impossible to win a majority government without taking a large chunk of seats in Toronto.

Re Harris: He's isn't at fault for anything as he followed directions the public set forth. A non-trivial chunk of the GTA handed him a majority government indicating approval of his first term actions and desire to continue in that direction. Blaming Harris is blaming the messenger.

And as far as funding hospitals goes I thought that is why Mr McGuinty set up the health care levy in the early 2000's.

Yes it is why he did that and it didn't make him any friends outside of urban areas. In the 14 years since very very few seats flipped from Conservative to Liberal after that action.

* Liberals did win more seats in 2007 than 2003 but that was largely because additional seats were added in already Liberal areas (urban).

Last edited:

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like we will see 4491 enter service on Sat, as its now on track 2 in the yard.

4492 testing on Spadina.

4489/93 out in Lake Ontario.

Neutrino

Member Bio
Reaction score
Speaking of accessibility, I took a 509 last weekend and saw a person in a wheelchair unable to board because a CLRV arrived.

nfitz

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
What's with the "u"-shaped cutout in the front? I may be off base here, but is that new, or just for towing? I don't recall the others having that.
Looking closely cars (some at least) have a U-shaped panel here. Presumably there's something that must be moved for towing ...

Good eyes! Now I'm going to have to keep my eyes open on the street!

upload_2018-8-15_16-51-15.png

upload_2018-8-15_16-50-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-15_16-50-37.png
    upload_2018-8-15_16-50-37.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 183
  • upload_2018-8-15_16-51-15.png
    upload_2018-8-15_16-51-15.png
    298.9 KB · Views: 402