News   Dec 03, 2021
 127     0 
News   Dec 02, 2021
 2.7K     4 
News   Dec 02, 2021
 1.3K     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

thettctransitfanatic

Member Bio
Reaction score
-4403 was last seen around 11:30 looping around Lesile

-4405 tracking in the service bay

-4406 tracking outside of the city, not sure where it's physically located in Lesile atm

-4402 tracking at Hillcrest signed onto 511 testing Vision system.

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
Update post from Munro:

Surprise, surprise! The TTC has extended running times and recovery times for yet another streetcar route.

This organization is a joke, the amount of time people waste on their commutes because streetcars crawl on their routes and layover for extended periods is ridiculous. It's to the point where I honestly think there needs to be step-back crews on all routes at all points of the day. The amount of times I see streetcars held up and the outer ends of a route waiting for the streetcar ahead to clear the terminal is just outright laughable.

This is exactly the reason why people think people think buses are quicker than streetcars, because they are based on how the TTC operates the 2 modes.

mdu

Member Bio
Reaction score

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
As for TTC falling behind on maintenance as claim by BBD, did they take the on going issues that are part of their failure to supply the right parts as well built the cars into consideration?? Why is it taking TTC staff 45 to X days to get cars back into service after they have see their weld fix, spending time in Kingston compare to the 10-20 days it takes to get new cars into service?? All this excess time having one or more cars in the service bay takes away space for cars that can be service in a shorter time frame.

4403 is doing its 2nd night of testing in a roll and currently at the Roncesvalles Yard.

If we all live in a prefect world, there will still be whiners.

The new fleet wasn't to have squealing wheels as the car turn, but the first night 4400 went down to the Ex loop for testing, it squeal leaving the Hillcrest. The new cars do squeal from time to time depending on location and car, but doesn't even come close to the old fleet. The folks at Cherry St/King and Shaw/Queen want the countryside sound at night that is a joke since we are a 7/24 society these days. If they want countryside sound, they need to move there. I have stood at Cherry/King intersection a number of time to listen for the squealing, as well shot videos of cars turning and very rare you heard a car squeal.

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score
The folks at Cherry St/King and Shaw/Queen want the countryside sound at night that is a joke since we are a 7/24 society these days. If they want countryside sound, they need to move there. I have stood at Cherry/King intersection a number of time to listen for the squealing, as well shot videos of cars turning and very rare you heard a car squeal.
Same with me the only time I ever heard any wheel squeal it was when they had the clrvs running on it when it first opened before they had enough new cars to run on it exclusively.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Same with me the only time I ever heard any wheel squeal it was when they had the clrvs running on it when it first opened before they had enough new cars to run on it exclusively.
From time to time, you will hear a new car fleet squeal while turning somewhere in the system, but no way close to the old fleet. I do hear the odd new car squeal at Cherry back then as well today, but no big deal. I guess they like the sound of trucks, cars hitting the breaks from speeding or any of the emergency vehicles or police flying by their place at night.

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I have stood at Cherry/King intersection a number of time to listen for the squealing, as well shot videos of cars turning and very rare you heard a car squeal.
That’s a silly expectation, and besides don’t these people live right beside the GO/VIA tracks? There’s your noise.

smallspy

Member Bio
Reaction score
That’s a silly expectation, and besides don’t these people live right beside the GO/VIA tracks? There’s your noise.

Cherry and King is a fair distance from the railway tracks, almost half a kilometer in one direction and well over half in the other.

Dan

thettctransitfanatic

Member Bio
Reaction score
4403 has been out all day testing today spending lots of time on St. Clair and at Hillcrest. Will probably be in service well before 4406 ever is.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
4404 was off loaded Friday after been shipped to Quebec on October 29, 2018. That 501 days off site and they must built a replacement for it for that length of time. If it takes as long as 4406 to reenter service, it will be almost 2 years out of service.

4409 is on its way to Quebec as of Friday.

4406 back out on the service track.

4405 GPS is all over the place.

4403 was back out testing Tues and Wed this week and that now 6 days of testing.

One of the three cars at Thunder Bay has been released. Don't have a car number as yet.

- Paul
Most likely 4471 that was used as a PR photo about month ago that it was ready to be ship to TTC

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
4406 is out on 511 this afternoon
After 90 days being here it finally has reenter service. Wasn't sure if it would see service today or tomorrow after it was moved from the service track to in service track early this morning when I posted updates..

4403 could be the next car follow by 4405. Lets see how long it will be for 4404 to start testing..

Last edited:

Allandale25

Member Bio
Reaction score
20200316_163525.jpg