Toronto Trinity-Bellwoods Towns+Homes | ?m | 3s | Urban Capital | Richard Wengle

I guess I'm lucky. Where I live is a late '70's condo, and almost all the main walls in the place are solid concrete pours covered in plaster. So, unless there's a tapping or something hitting the concrete (construction noises, people hanging pictures) it's really, really quiet.
Well - except for one spot. The bedroom abuts the washroom, and the builders used concrete block in the wall. It transmits a whole lot of sounds from - you guessed it- where the bed is situated. Urgh. I knew something was up right after I moved in, when my 90-year old neighbour stopped me in the hall and said, "You can't be too tired after work, with that many man-friends! (wink)."

Last edited:
5 May 2013:

Compare:
TrinityBellwoodsTHRender.jpg

Today:
rps20130505212526.jpg

rps20130505212620.jpg

rps20130505213022.jpg

rps20130505212834.jpg

rps20130505212930.jpg

rps20130505212729.jpg

You know what I think, right?

Right. Absolute JUNK!

(Ok: Put it in the 905, but not here of all places! Respect the context next time please. Thankyou.)

Last edited:
5 May 2013:

You know what I think, right?

Right. Absolute JUNK!

(Ok: Put it in the 905, but not here of all places! Respect the context next time please. Thankyou.)

what's wrong with building modern TH in the area?
not all the houses in the area were built at the same time ... different times, different styles.

what's wrong with building modern TH in the area?
not all the houses in the area were built at the same time ... different times, different styles.

I agree. It's hard to tell about material and finish quality from a picture, but the style seems to fit in nicely, in my opinion (and will look even better once the shrubbery goes in).

I actually walk/run/bike down that street all the time and have lived in the area for years. I'm by no means an expert but I think that it fits in really well with little italy/little portugal. much nicer than some of the 100 year old pink-paint-pealing row houses near by.

Now that's historical references done in proper contemporary fashion. The Dutch are seriously world leaders in stylish design (& music).

Fantastic. I wish we built our suburbs with townhouses like these ones and a walkable grid of streets. With their large windows and height, they have a metropolitan character. The three dimensional aspect of the facades makes them seem less monolithic as a whole, yet they still have a strong architectural presence.

There may be some issues with the detailing and construction execution, but I like these townhouses as a whole.
I think they look rather dark, hopefully as more people move in many of the those windows will have light-coloured window coverings to relieve the mass of dark gray brick and dark red-brown wood.

Back