News   Jul 03, 2024
 113     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 845     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2.4K     0 

Transit improvements - downtown to cherry street?

C

cacruden

Are there any transit improvements planned in the next year for the waterfront east? A new T&T Supermarket is openning up down on Cherry Street (old Knob Hill Farms) in the fall, and it would be nice to be able to get to one of their stores reasonably easily :b

Cherry Street bus runs from Union Station to Cherry Beach.

I was wondering if they were planning an LRT east lakeshore and having bus routes link up to it. A Jarvis connection would be nice :b

If memory serves me correctly, both Queen Quay East and Cherry will one day get streetcar/LRT service, but who knows when it'll actually be done.

Nobody takes transit to get to T&T.

I'm probably one of the few exceptions since I take the Warden bus north all the way to the bus loop in front of the Milliken T&T store to buy dinner occasionally. I'm usually the only person who gets off at the loop, and even if there are still other people on the bus, they aren't headed to T&T.

Why would you take transit all the way out there when there are several grocery stores on the subway downtown? Dominion, Sobeys, and Loblaws come to mind.

Insufficient

^I live right above a Dominion. It is insufficient. It lacks at least 10+ vegetables and herbs that I use on a regular basis. The meat section is acceptable, other than the lack of duck meat. The fish section cannot compete with T&T Supermarkets. I can find some of what I use in Chinatown, but I would not touch their meat and fish with a 10 foot pole. T&T is a superior supermarket. The only problem is that all current T&T locations are just TOO far out of my way. The new T&T supermarket that is opening on Cherry has potential if I can find efficient transit (I don't drive) there, it will not be that much farther in total distance than Chinatown.

Re: Insufficient

The streetcarrow is planned only as a complement to the redevelopment of the East Bayfront... read: probably a decade or more away.

Re: Insufficient

This is what you people want to waste billions on a DRL for? A friggin supermarket?!! This officially puts the transit enthusiast movement back 20 years, but then again that's probably round the era the TTC's planners are :rollin !

A public EA open house will be held in March for the Cherry St, Parliament St and Queen Quay LRT expansion.

Plans calls for the new LRT lines to be built by 2010-12 by TWRC, not TTC.

There is a plan LRT for the Lake Shore, but that is about 20 years off unless TTC decides to built it as an express line to the east (Woodbine) before then and that is a must.

There are lines plan for Unwin, Commissioner, Lesile Coxwell also and a Broadview extension.

Problem will be what happens to Queen Quay W under West 8 plans as well rebuilding Union Loop. A new portal will have to be built.

What every happen for QQW will have to be done for QQE and this will change the current district layout.

Nobody takes transit to get to T&T.

I do! But all I ever buy is Pocky...8o

Actually, I think the Empress Walk Loblaws carries Pocky, so there's no reason for me to go to T&T at all, except for the funner shopping experience it doles out.

Back