1.5K     2 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 979     2 

TOWNHOMES Help

malice

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi All,

I currently live in a condo in the downtown core, and have decided I really dont like the condo life very much, and would love to get in on a preconstruction project sonewhere in a great neighborhood in the downtown area.. Im preferably looking for a freestanding house, or even a townhouse.. does anyone have any sudgestions of a new upcoming project...? Any info on where to look or which development companies to look into would be a great help...

Thanks!!

Well, first thing. Your post is posted in the wrong forum.

Secondly, I don't think there's new stand alone or freehold townhouses built in the downtown area. Only condos or townhouse over condos. There maybe some townhouse or somewhat townhouse built at East Donlands. But it's going to be several stories high, so you might have a neighbour above you. The project is very far off though. There's probably some at East Bayfront, but same issue. If you want new build townhouse, you might have to go further to like say The Beaches area. I'm not sure if they're still building up but last time I saw some advertisements when I passed by last year or so. PIX bought into the area, so you might want to ask him.

Hi All,

I currently live in a condo in the downtown core, and have decided I really dont like the condo life very much, and would love to get in on a preconstruction project sonewhere in a great neighborhood in the downtown area.. Im preferably looking for a freestanding house, or even a townhouse.. does anyone have any sudgestions of a new upcoming project...? Any info on where to look or which development companies to look into would be a great help...

Thanks!!

Hi malice

Depends on your budget. The trinity bellwoods towns near Manning and Dundas are fantastic but $800K+

Hi All,

Thanks!!

Ironic. I'm wanting the exact opposite. I'm in a new pre-construction freehold town home close to Warden subway and put it on the market over 2 weeks ago in preparation to buy a condo. I much prefer the condo environment. The place is too big and I'm not crazy about climbing stairs.

The new townhomes in the dowtown core or almost anywhere in toronto offer no benifit over a condo, they are small and are stacked one on top of the other, most layouts suck etc, no backyards just patio deck the same as a balcony. Now if you are looking over 1million then there are some decent built ones but other than that forget it, look into suburbia

There are benefits to having a townhouse not connected to a condo. You can get more space without paying the huge maintenance fees. The big negative issue if you want space in a condo is the expensive cost to maintain it as opposed to being a freehold.

malice, have you tried the One Park West stacked townhomes in Regent Park? They are very nice and reasonably priced if you are optimistic about the future potential of the area. I think some of the 2 and 3 bedrooms are still available. Also Daniels has a great reputation.

There are benefits to having a townhouse not connected to a condo. You can get more space without paying the huge maintenance fees. The big negative issue if you want space in a condo is the expensive cost to maintain it as opposed to being a freehold.

The few I looked at townhomes seriously it required 1000 sqft to match a 700sqft condo. Stairs, water heater, furnace, and other necessary infrastructure took up a good chunk.

Worth it for a quiet street. If I just wanted space I would go with a large 1-bedroom in an older building like 633 Bay.

Back