Toronto Tower at Pier 27 | 114.9m | 35s | Cityzen | a—A

When is the adjacent park going to be built? Or is the park just an addition to the renders of the project to make it look nicer?

I think I read someplace that the parking will go underground (under the buildings) and then the park will built. I tried to find the reference but was unsuccessful so do not take this as fact.

I think I read someplace that the parking will go underground (under the buildings) and then the park will built. I tried to find the reference but was unsuccessful so do not take this as fact.
AFIR, the land to east of Yonge Street belongs to Waterfront Toronto (or the City) and I have never heard if any plan to install parking there. In fact the most recent discussion of the site are to use it, and maybe part of the Yonge quay to accommodate a temporary streetcar loop while the City expands the current tunnel to Union.

Not sure who said so, but the WTC sculpture affectionately known as the "peanut" is not disliked but actually well liked by locals and even tourists. Lived there for a number of years and was always amused at the absurd bending of massive steel... like a slightly ill-considered gift from an alien visit.

20191213_143714.jpg
20191213_143734.jpg
20191213_143759.jpg
20191213_144006.jpg
20191213_144038.jpg
20191213_144710.jpg

The quality of that road certainly doesn't help.
Thanks to Rob Ford, City of Toronto and TTC, the road looks like it does not like the west side that was to take place in 2010.

With Rob Ford canceling Transit City, The City pushing subway and TTC not wanting/giving the money to rebuilt Union Loop to allow the QQE LRT to be built, rebuilding QQE like the west went on hold.

The City has under taken a review over the decade at putting an BRT on QQE and a people mover in place of Streetcars on Bay along with various reviews of transit plans for the Whole Waterfront. The cost of rebuilding Union Loop has gone from $150 million to $600 and now in the 2020-2030 City capital budget.

The selling of the Westin has been added to this mess that there is a review underway of moving the current entrance off QQE to the east side as well what may happen to the whole thing. If the cost of moving the entrance to to the east side is cheaper than the LRT tunnel, then the current location of the Portal at Freeland will move to the west side of Yonge.

Design work is now underway for QQE that would see it being built as plan east of Freeland this decade like the West. By June we should know what is plan for Westin that will see design work start on this area then.

Otherwise, the Tower is a great addition to the area and not the standard cookie cutter square box

So curious what the west views will look like from mid to high levels.

When the units were initially put up for sale there was a simulator app in the sales office where you could see what the view would be like from different units. Here are the simulated views from the unit that is on the NW corner of the 30th floor.

IMG_0432.jpeg

IMG_0434.jpeg

Back