News   Mar 28, 2024
 419     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 757     0 

TO's "favoured quarter"

King of Kensington

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'd say it's basically located between Bloor and the 401, Bathurst and Leslie.

This is where most of the city's wealthiest census tracts are, is dominated by the professional classes etc. I'm guessing if you surveyed say, the partners at a downtown law firm, a majority would probably live in this area.

Maybe call them the uptown elites.

I'd say it's basically located between Bloor and the 401, Bathurst and Leslie.

This is where most of the city's wealthiest census tracts are, is dominated by the professional classes etc. I'm guessing if you surveyed say, the partners at a downtown law firm, a majority would probably live in this area.

Maybe call them the uptown elites.
North Toronto has always been the "respectable" area for professional families. However, that zone you just mapped out is mid-town, not uptown. That just belies your latte-sipping south-of-Bloor sensibilities :)

North Toronto has always been the "respectable" area for professional families. However, that zone you just mapped out is mid-town, not uptown. That just belies your latte-sipping south-of-Bloor sensibilities :)

I don't actually drink coffee at all, so I consume less lattes a year than the average Brampton, Oshawa or Welland resident.

"Uptown" to me is synonymous, more or less, with North Toronto.

In addition to the affluent northern sector being bigger, it's also more diverse (more Jewish, more Asian at the outer edges). The western Humber/central Etobicoke secondary zone is traditionally more WASPy though it also has a sizable Catholic "white ethnic" presence as well.

Back