Toronto ZEN King West | 103.02m | 31s | CentreCourt | IBI Group

This area is going to be an absolute congested, paralyzed mess once all these projects are completed. I wish these residents all of the best in dealing with this in the near future.

This area is going to be an absolute congested, paralyzed mess once all these projects are completed. I wish these residents all of the best in dealing with this in the near future.
Yeah not good, i believe there is a new street planned from 1 block west of Strachan to Dufferin hugging the north side of the tracks,
Also a new Smart Track Station, and the expansion of the existing Liberty Village GO Station should help relieve future chaos

GO is too damn expensive for short trips. One reason why usage is so low in Toronto. Exhibition to Union is $4.70 one way with a maximum of $180 a month. It's not awful. It's fast and has a can. People are cheap though. We'll have to wait and see about Smart Track and if it will be in use by the time these towers are completed.

Pic taken Jan 24, 2018

TofQ4Lg.jpg

GO is too damn expensive for short trips. People are cheap though.
I take the train all the time for intra-city trips. Mimico-Union, Mimico-Exhibition, Mimico-Guildwood, Mimico-Danforth. I used to take Exhibition-Union when I lived at Sudbury Street, even with the walk it beat taking the streetcars to get to friends' in Queens Quay. It costs more than TTC, yeah, but is a superior mode of travel. Comfortable, faster (Mimico-Guildwood by TTC...L.O.L), mobile pisser, always perfectly climate controlled. Worth the extra cost. The denizens of Liberty can afford it, if I can.
Though, you know, maybe I'd prefer if people remained cheap. More seats for me.

That being said, best of luck to people living in this area. These buildings will be built muuuuch faster than any transit improvements in the area. This is going to be a great example of rampant development choking on its own success.

From Layton's latest:

Coming Soon: First City-Owned Childcare in Liberty Village
I am excited to announce that last month my office, working with City Planning and Children’s Services, secured space for the first City-owned childcare facility in Liberty Village in the new development at 19 Western Battery Road.

Liberty Village is growing quickly, and as more families are choosing to stay and raise their children downtown, the City needs to ensure services are reflective of the communities they serve. That is why, in my role as Councillor, I have been working hard to find appropriate spaces to build the services Liberty Village needs – like childcare facilities, schools, and parks. One such potential space was the new development at 19 Western Battery Road.

I want to thank the developer of the site, CentreCourt, who showed a willingness to compromise and negotiate an agreement to add this important piece of infrastructure to their plans. The ability to negotiate this community benefit would not have been possible without the overwhelming support of the residents of Liberty Village, many of who are excited to see this important addition to the neighbourhood.

Construction on the site is underway and is anticipated to be complete in 2020.

More details about registration for childcare will be available once we get closer to the opening date and the City selects a not-for-profit operator, which will help keep fees low.

Back