Toronto ZEN King West | 103.02m | 31s | CentreCourt | IBI Group

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm not sure who owns this property (possibly CanAlfa as with most of Liberty Village)

But according to the City of Toronto Development Applications Listings, a new Site Plan Approval application has been submitted for a proposed 20 storey residential condominium tower at 19 Western Battery Road, which is the vacant parcel of land located between the CanAlfa's Liberty Village Townhomes and Strachan Avenue (See MSN maps here)

IMO ... there will certainly be some sweet east views towards the downtown Toronto skyline from this tower ~ ;)

19 WESTERN BATTERY RD
Ward 19 - South District

Site plan approval to construct new 20 Storey residential condo apartment building contaning 262 units - 247 parking spaces - 8 levels below grade parking. - Block 1

Application Number: 09 168632 STE 19 SA

Date Received: Sep 14, 2009

Proposed Residential GFA (sq m): 18887
Lot Size (sq m): 1758
Proposed Residential Units: 262
Proposed Storeys: 20

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/associatedApplicationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=2488108

Thank you Solaris for letting me know about the other thread. Hopefully the economy will stay healthy allowing these projects to be built.

In the lot on the west side of Strachan, north side of East Liberty, a soil sampling rig can be seen at the south end of the lot, and some white construction trailers further north on the lot, in front of the townhouses.

Last edited by a moderator:
January 31, 2017 - Soil Sampling rig at work, 4:30 PM. Construction trailers on site as well, but judging from the way they have been positioned, it looks like at least some of them may just be being stored there.

19 Western Battery Road - 3.jpg

19 Western Battery Road - 2.jpg

19 Western Battery Road - 1.jpg

Attachments

• 19 Western Battery Road - 3.jpg
    19 Western Battery Road - 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,537
  • 19 Western Battery Road - 2.jpg
    19 Western Battery Road - 2.jpg
    945.4 KB · Views: 4,311
  • 19 Western Battery Road - 1.jpg
    19 Western Battery Road - 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4,401
Anyone have access to or know where I can find the site plan?

Just the very basics, I want to see the how far north the building will end up sitting.

It's linked in post #2 above… but it's a very stale plan now, and there's no telling if a current proposal will reflect it.

Thanks I totally missed that! From the PDF:

The property municipally referred to as 19 Western Battery Road is located on the north- west corner of East Liberty Street and Strachan Avenue. The rectangular shaped lot has an area of 1,758.0 m 2 , with approximately 24.2 metres fronting East Liberty and approximately 63.7 metres fronting both Strachan Avenue and Western Battery Road. The site currently sits vacant.

19 WESTERN BATTERY RD
Ward 19 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Construction of a new 35 storey residential condominium building that will contain 454 residential units
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Minor Variance 17 153284 STE 19 MV May 3, 2017 Accepted

Back