Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | a—A

Regular reminder that no one's ever really presented any convincing evidence that KWT is opposed to reasonable development.
City Council definitely adds to to the challenges of development in this city, and KWT is not crazy about condos/development...

This particular item was regarding 7 Dale Ave... 4 storeys, if that's not reasonable then I'm not sure what is....

So when will this thing get approved? Hopefully soon, we need more density between Bloor and Southcore.

Not any time soon. It needs a couple of more revisions to chop it down and "Torontofy" it. When we get something like this, then we'll know we're close to getting approved.

So when will this thing get approved? Hopefully soon, we need more density between Bloor and Southcore.

condos ugly2.jpg

Attachments

• condos ugly2.jpg
    condos ugly2.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 601
City Council definitely adds to to the challenges of development in this city, and KWT is not crazy about condos/development...

This particular item was regarding 7 Dale Ave... 4 storeys, if that's not reasonable then I'm not sure what is....

1. That's not what you linked (bike lanes on Danforth).

2. Dale was a lengthy and complicated item. To reduce it to "KWT is not crazy about condos / development" belies more about your (in)ability to observe, evaluate and digest than anything else.

This new iteration represents KPF's current design direction, more-so than the previous - look to their work for the Hudson Yards, or other towers they are currently proposing.

I’d say I second that, eventually. To fill in the west facing skyline better. When it’s needed though. I’m patient. We all just think the city deserves its best. Visually and every other way

1. That's not what you linked (bike lanes on Danforth).

2. Dale was a lengthy and complicated item. To reduce it to "KWT is not crazy about condos / development" belies more about your (in)ability to observe, evaluate and digest than anything else.
@ProjectEnd always with the adhominems... I find this a bit rude and mean spirited.... I endeavour to be as well versed and read as you in matters of urban planning and architecture, perhaps only then can I observe, evaluate and digest? Not sure how I've managed to function so far in life without those skills.

I linked to the portion where KWT says that she doesn't need another condo application anywhere. I thought it was relevant.

(around the 6:17:55 mark for those who are curious).

edit: it looks like a youtube link automatically embeds

I definitely liked the previous iteration, and was initially very disappointed. But at the end of the day this could still probably be awesome. Looks kind of like a big switch blade.
Agreed. Despite the loss of the slender beauty, it's not like Hudson Yard is terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
The quoted height of 299 metres is only to the top of the mechanical penthouse and most likely not include the parapet. In the previous renderings, the height of the mechanical penthouse was 321 metres and 344 to the top of the parapet. At his point, the height of the tip is not known. With the new rendering, I would venture a guess that the final height including the parapet will be higher than 300 metres and this project could still be in the 305 to 315 metres range. The drawing comparison released may not be to scale or entirely 100% accurate. Let's not jump to conclusions yet.

Back