Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | a—A

Could be an interesting turn of events. Based on reports, Cresford hired GFL to complete shoring work for YSL, which they reportedly also owed money for as well and had a lien placed on it. Speculative theory, if that is resolved now then perhaps Cresford are setting up to move in with their own construction team now. Still not definite as it needs more concrete movement to verify if that's the case, but if the construction office is active then it's showing signs of life.
Just for your info YSL construction office was there long before construction work stopped. There is no activities since then. Secondly there are over sixteen Liens placed on YSL lots amount over 11 million dollars.

Secondly there are over sixteen Liens placed on YSL lots amount over 11 million dollars.

And, even if those are resolved, they still need to find a bank/investor willing to loan money for construction while they're in court for keeping 2 sets of books specifically to mislead investors loaning them money for construction.

I'll be astonished if Cresford finishes this project themselves; Great Gulf or Concord Adex or Tridel or another cash rich developer will likely step in.

Last edited:
Woke up from a feverish dream.

1. Great Gulf bought the site.

2. GG exhumed KPF's first design (below).

3. City Planning lopped off 30 metres from the 340+metre original proposed height.

4. It still looks great @ 310 metres.

15840-88319.jpeg

To me, downtown will have to go to mid-rise high-density (BIG on King) with variable elevator shafts over a wider footprint? Some supertalls now not likely to happen (unless fully build-out financed, maybe not even then).

To me, downtown will have to go to mid-rise high-density (BIG on King) with variable elevator shafts over a wider footprint? Some supertalls now not likely to happen (unless fully build-out financed, maybe not even then).
Mid-rises in downtown are simply not profitable for business, we might see a few like KING but high-rises are still going to be the norm. It all comes down to what makes financial sense.

Whatever they decide I'm hoping for a redesign. The original was wonderful, the one they ended up with was more bland dreck.

GG is likely to buy it and store it in the same bin as the Mirvish/Gehry (or whatever they have named it now) project.

GG is likely to buy it and store it in the same bin as the Mirvish/Gehry (or whatever they have named it now) project.

That is entirely improbable.

Please refrain from posting things for which you do not have any evidence; and which are not preferences.

It doesn't help anyone better understand this project or likely outcomes.

Back