Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

I'm not actually looking forward to this one.

Feels over-powering for the block and area, and I don't think the podium is the best use for the site.

It went from a pencil-skinny point tower to a slab, of course, it's going to completely overwhelm its context.

I don't know why the city settled for this, as it seemingly goes against whatever current sunlight/wind guidelines urban best practices promote these days.

This is going to be a another Airbnb hell hole. A lot of these units are tiny like a hotel room. Perfect for short term rentals.

"I don't know why the city settled for this, as it seemingly goes against whatever current sunlight/wind guidelines urban best practices promote these days."

because they gave some land to the city for a park- section 37, I guess that's what it is called. city should have approved for the 343m version. I know tis been mentioned a million times that it was casting shadow on Allan garden but who cares, garden already has trees that were planted for shadow.
anyways im still happy for this version, don't mind it getting build. Cresford has a decent portfolio so I trust them that they will execute it well.

For those who don't understand where this monsterous structure stands in height. I'm going to show you by measuring these buildings by their rooftop not Pinnacle height. This building is in 5th place behind. Mirvish gehry 1 at 329 m, The One at 308.6 m, One Yonge Street at 307.1m Mirvish gehry 2 at 301.6 m. And then YSL at 299 m ahead of Commerce Court 3 and Sugar Warth B Tower at 298 m respectively. It used to be in first place as taller slimmer tower. But now it is a little shorter but fatter building as seen on Toronto's diagram page on Skyscraperpage.

^ In my opinion though this tower will beat them all to be built. Cresford is moving ahead with this one fast. Mirvish is still 10+ years away from being complete in my opinion, One Yonge's phase 2 monster is likely 7-8 years away , The ONE is moving very slow, so that one could be on a similar timeline as YSL. YSL may even squeak ahead in the race.

For those who don't understand where this monsterous structure stands in height. I'm going to show you by measuring these buildings by their rooftop not Pinnacle height. This building is in 5th place behind. Mirvish gehry 1 at 329 m, The One at 308.6 m, One Yonge Street at 307.1m Mirvish gehry 2 at 301.6 m. And then YSL at 299 m ahead of Commerce Court 3 and Sugar Warth B Tower at 298 m respectively. It used to be in first place as taller slimmer tower. But now it is a little shorter but fatter building as seen on Toronto's diagram page on Skyscraperpage.
we all probably know that.
Travis did you change your opinion? I thought u said Mirvish Gehry would be complete by 2025-2027?

priestly demolition inc has started the demolition. it's the same company working on 33 yorkville.

we all probably know that.
Travis did you change your opinion? I thought u said Mirvish Gehry would be complete by 2025-2027?

Once they went and changed the height, I scaled back my projections. I'ts going to likely take a year just to get approved again (that's assuming there are no issues). Plus these towers are 1000ft tall, and the materials are quite unique so construction will probably be a big ordeal. I think 9-10 years is realistic given the size of these beasts.

Back