Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Have you seen the last aerodynamic rendering ! Don't draw up something that your not going to develop. This has been happening a lot with most of these developments. They always go practical with their designs in the end.

I don’t understand why we aren’t happy about this.
The main reason I don't like it is the width along Yonge. The original proposal featured a slim and graceful tower. The tinkering (because of local interests) has resulted in something that looks clumsy and crammed in. Not at all graceful now.

The main reason I don't like it is the width along Yonge. The original proposal featured a slim and graceful tower. The tinkering (because of local interests) has resulted in something that looks clumsy and crammed in. Not at all graceful now.

I couldn't agree more. The height reduction was to be expected, but still tall (will most likely top 300m with parapet). Just wish the design was similar to the last rendering, a tall, thin, sleek structure. The base of the latest iteration is too wide. I just wished the current design had a spire to atleast give it a tad bit of a slender appearance. Something similar to comparable Wilshire Grand in Los Angeles.

Can u imagine how the city would look if all the past proposals had happend. Say since 2000 , This would have been one very amazing looking city to tour through by now. I supose depending on who was to develope them ... but we just can prevent, and pick one we like.

Koops ! You finally made the change of from the old rendering two the new in Toronto's Skyscraperpage illustrations. Which now puts it in fourth place instead of first in the total roof height mode. Nice rendering job but the height of the old rendering maked that building stand out more amongst the others. Now they're all basically the same height which looks too formal instead of a natural flow in heights!

Back