Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

This hulking giant looked better when it was sleek and slender.. here’s for a more sterile Yonge.. not

^^^Will the front-page story reveal the height of the building to the top of the parapet?

Maybe it will - maybe it won't

It won't. We don't know that detail yet, and won't until there's a Site Plan Application with an architectural plan. There are other details, however, in the story which is now up on the front page. Plus, you get lots of new higher-res mages in the database file of the settlement proposal, assuming you want a closer look at cladding details.

I will admit I prefer the older taller version. It was more sleek and modern looking. This shorter version is not as aesthetically pleasing but is still not bad. It has potential to surprise. Now lets see if it actually gets built.

i hate what they've done with it. The jumbled up podium on top of it all looks like it's crushing the intersection. Sad that this is supposed to be our Hudson Yards

The original design was significantly better looking than this new one, I don't understand what problems the Toronto planning department had with the first proposal.

The original design was significantly better looking than this new one, I don't understand what problems the Toronto planning department had with the first proposal.
My guesses are that it likely had to do with the shadows cast by something that was 44 metres taller, and that it would set a height precedent that they'd then be hard pressed to deny to other proposals in the area.

That said, I do not relish the shadows that this thing will cast now, even if it no longer hits nearby parks, assuming that was the problem: the floors are significantly longer north-south than they were, and along with losing the elegance of the slender, pinched design from last time, it's gaining an ungainly shape and shadow.

I wonder if that thicker podium will allow for some mixture of uses such as say, I don't know, something to do with the massively growing university adjacent to the site?

I also don't like that they're "maintaining the yonge streetwall" which is code-word for maximizing every sellable inch possible. It would have been nice to have that forecourt and additional sidewalk space, kind of like what the EY tower has.
upload_2018-8-21_13-51-46.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-21_13-51-46.png
    upload_2018-8-21_13-51-46.png
    727.7 KB · Views: 506

Back