Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

https://d2kcmk0r62r1qk.cloudfront.n...18_10_02_05_31_43_yslresidences_rendering.jpg

My question was : " wonderin' why there's not a definitive rendering for the project. A visit to the database render slideshow features a first shot with horizontal balcony-type lines terrifyingly redolent of Aura. The second shot shows strong vertical lines with a notch".

The only thing I could glean from a half dozen ysl sites is (as seen in the link above): there will a couple of hundred metres of balconies on the north side of the building (believe sun is from the south). Brokers/realtors are still using the old/beautiful renders of previous designs... truth in advertising ("they'll never know the difference..).".

Making pretty good progress...(taken last evening).

YSL1.jpg

YSL2.jpg

YSL3.jpg

YSL4.jpg

YSL5.jpg

YSL6.jpg

YSL7.jpg

https://d2kcmk0r62r1qk.cloudfront.n...18_10_02_05_31_43_yslresidences_rendering.jpg

My question was : " wonderin' why there's not a definitive rendering for the project. A visit to the database render slideshow features a first shot with horizontal balcony-type lines terrifyingly redolent of Aura. The second shot shows strong vertical lines with a notch".

The only thing I could glean from a half dozen ysl sites is (as seen in the link above): there will a couple of hundred metres of balconies on the north side of the building (believe sun is from the south). Brokers/realtors are still using the old/beautiful renders of previous designs... truth in advertising ("they'll never know the difference..).".
About Time someone asked this question. I was beginning to think i was The only one who was wondering what this tower is going to actually look like!

From what I can decipher from plans is that there are balconies going up the north side of the building as well as balconies on the east side wrapping partially around the south elevations. The rendering with "strong vertical lines with a notch" is out of date.

Why does a "definitive rendering" matter anyways? The building is approved and under construction.

From what I can decipher from plans is that there are balconies going up the north side of the building as well as balconies on the east side wrapping partially around the south elevations. The rendering with "strong vertical lines with a notch" is out of date.

Why does a "definitive rendering" matter anyways? The building is approved and under construction.
It matters because it's always nice to have an idea what the outcome is going to be, instead of trying to make guesses and "decipher". Not everyone has the time to dig through the city approved drawings/plans.

Not my preference to see balconies at all - but still handled relatively well. It's a KPF, won't expect anything less.

AoD

Agreed - I also think the massing is different enough from most of the other buildings on the skyline that the wedge/knife shape will have a lot of good angles to capture. I'm looking forward to more of the north-south axis down Yonge filling in and this (near super tall) is a big part of that!

OK Alvin I give up.. west view is fine and clearly there will be no more clarifications forth-coming re: n/s/e... perhaps the data base should eliminate or flag other apparently out-dated/confusing image angles in favour of "wait and see".

OK Alvin I give up.. west view is fine and clearly there will be no more clarifications forth-coming re: n/s/e... perhaps the data base should eliminate or flag other apparently out-dated/confusing image angles in favour of "wait and see".

I wouldn't expect dramatic changes in the other facades from what we have seen - the recent architectural plans are pretty much targeted only at the podium levels. The die is pretty cast I think.

AoD

Back