Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | a—A

Boy, I've never really been sold on the heritage aspect of this particular block.
Even the most basic of our heritage buildings have more architectural interest and merit than this terminally bland wedge of glass. In the case of this project the old facades at base are the only thing providing a modicum of visual interest.

The building elevations show a primary entrance well below the measured grade from the architectural drawings:

View attachment 541854

Grade appears to be measured from the northeast corner of the site. Looking at the survey, grade is about 95.4m ASL:

View attachment 541855

The southernmost primary door into the building along Yonge Street is conveniently in a retained heritage facade, which means that we can expect the grade of the door to not change over existing conditions. The door according to the survey will be at an elevation of 93.9 ASL:

View attachment 541856

95.4-93.9 = 1.5m.

The elevations put the building as 299m from grade. The southernmost door is generally 1.5m below measured grade, which makes this 300.5m tall according to CTBUH definitions.

A primary entrance is a main entrance with a lobby and elevators. CTBUH would not consider retail as a primary entrance. However, the primary residential entrance is just two doors to the left of this lowest door.. You have measured from the secondary podium office entrance.

I realize I have a pretty decent view so just took this pic of the progress

tempImageEoB1kb.png

Back