Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | a—A

I'm definitely worried about the Yonge Street Mission though. That'll be an unfortunate loss. I hope something is done to help rectify that. Maybe something similar to the Queen East proposal where the shelter is to be rebuilt with the condo or some money donated for the construction of a new building near the site?

The mission owned the building and sold it almost 2 years ago. That move was planned long ago.

Nice to see the two heritage buildings preserved. I was very wary the second I saw such a massive proposal on the site but that does help.

I'm definitely worried about the Yonge Street Mission though. That'll be an unfortunate loss. I hope something is done to help rectify that. Maybe something similar to the Queen East proposal where the shelter is to be rebuilt with the condo or some money donated for the construction of a new building near the site?

I was going to whinge about the heritage buildings being facadectomied rather than preserved, but I was mixedupated about some other buildings further south - the facades are probably the only big thing worth saving. Possibly someone will want the façade of the Mission (for example, the Mission itself for a new site) and haul it off.

Wow, amazingly exciting. Yonge St. is going to be Canadian Canyon.

Your right downtown Toronto is starting to look like a canyon. How big is the property to house those two skyscrapers. The 78 storey skyscraper across the street takes up a lot of space for one building.

This should accelerate the redesign of Yonge Street. Sidewalks should really be wider between Gerrard and Dundas.

Does this mean to new PATH connection to Ryerson & Aura? I sure hope so but sad to lose Remingtons. Toronto only has 1 gay strip club and to lose it, would be a shame because another one will not be opened. When my friends come to visit, they always want to go check out the boys at Remingtons. What major gay destination/city, doesn't have at least 1 gay strip club? Montreal has something like 5 or 6 of them.

If I'm not mistaken, Flash on Church St is also a gay strip club.

Exciting indeed!
Yonge St. is coming ...

This really could add balance down Yonge! With So many on the west side of the street being so tall most the way down, ok, 'Canyon like'. Nice Street level to. Sky bridge? Nice!!

Last edited:
Mixed use is good! Underground retail even better! Hopefully this means more than big square footage retail and we can have an extension of the PATH through here.

Kinda surprised Ryerson hasn't cooperated to bring something to the campus here.

Could you imagine a shiny new Simons at that south east corner with a freshly restored facade? I really hope Monsieur Simons is making some phone calls right now.

What great mixed use! Lots of retail, including below-grade which might allow a future PATH connection. Significant office component. Great variety in size of units, with likely some condo some rental. Doesn't get better than that, and what a great location for it!

The podium renders look pretty good as well. It will be interesting to see what the tower design will look like.

Yep, good news is whatever should be preserved will stay and the rest of the crap will be gone.

Now I will wait for all the ugly slabs on the other side of Yonge to be replaced, from Edward to Gerrard, everything except one or two is either boring or downright hideous. I mean, I don't hate such small retail, but it should be right on Yonge, more suitable for smaller side streets such as Edward or Elm etc.

Back