Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

So, in light of the discussion here about the state of the site, I decided to muddle through the various permits for this one.

I think I need a second set of eyes...........

Because I don't see a permit issued for site drainage, or shoring or even soil remediation.

I see the permits applied for...........but none show as issued.......

Except for demolition and the heritage retention system for the facade.

Am I missing a permit?

There's a lot, maybe I've misread one........

Otherwise I'm confused about how the hole got dug without a valid permit......
Well that shows how much city inspectors cares about what’s going on with all these big developments little complaints and work order won’t get any reaction from a big developer who abandoned the half a billion project almost a year without any telephone or other contact info so how a city inspector work order will help I think best way to get developer to move is through media noise then city top officials will make developer to make their move otherwise this hole will be staying for long time to come

This is a huge over generalization about "raves"

As some who his big into the edm scene, its unfortunate how entwined the two still are but there are plenty of "raves" concerts, festivals whatever you like to call them, that are a ton of fun where the artists put a lot of time not just in to making their songs, but also to creating an exciting and cohesive set list for the audience. Its not simply about getting messed up unless ur in a back corner room with some no name toronto dj who spins 12-5
Not to mention, most these parties were not illegal.

...back on topic though: I hope they pull their fingers out and build something there soon, so we can have something more tangible to discuss here. >.<

Last edited:
The way it looks right now a big hole with ice how about a ice skating rink? I don’t understand how city allows rotten deep hole abandoned almost a year in the heart of the city and stay silence

In the early days of UT we had similar concern about a lot just to the south. One of the longest running threads on UT. The lot was boarded up and empty for a bunch of years (not sure how many - someone could look). And this was at a major intersection. I think there are many that might still wish that it was an empty lot. May I present 10 Dundas East.

In the early days of UT we had similar concern about a lot just to the south. One of the longest running threads on UT. The lot was boarded up and empty for a bunch of years (not sure how many - someone could look). And this was at a major intersection. I think there are many that might still wish that it was an empty lot. May I present 10 Dundas East.

Challenge accepted.

Construction hoarding went up in ~ '98 (for demolition), and construction of the current building began circa '05.

Ed, you made me go back and look at the U of T archives............as it were......

So few renders/pics back then.

And 'Interchange42' regularly posting as a guest!

From the olden days...........

1613597077812.png

Credit to Forum Member: Sir Novelty Fashion Post here: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...prop-trust-10s-baldwin-franklin.460/post-8427

Challenge accepted.

Construction hoarding went up in ~ '98 (for demolition), and construction of the current building began circa '05.

Ed, you made me go back and look at the U of T archives............as it were......

And 'Interchange42' regularly posting as a guest!

From the olden days...........

View attachment 300502
Credit to Forum Member: Sir Novelty Fashion Post here: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...prop-trust-10s-baldwin-franklin.460/post-8427
The spam advertisement had me laughing for a good 30 seconds

Toronto is a very hot market even with the pandemic. So I think this site will not stay undeveloped long. Should be some news next year once the pandemic is over.

Toronto is a very hot market even with the pandemic. So I think this site will not stay undeveloped long. Should be some news next year once the pandemic is over.
But will it keep its status on look and height if a new buyer purchases it. Because this building is scratching a supertall status by a metre or so. I would like to see it go higher than lower.

Challenge accepted.

My brother-in-law worked for Pen (in)Equity and he sent me the first 10 Dundas East cartoon... I mean rendering... which I promptly shared with the forum (believe it or not there were oohs and aaahs back then lol).

Can't seem to find that first leaked pic but here's a later one for sh!ts and giggles:

metropolis.jpg

EDIT

P.S. found this one on the old laptop... might be the first incarnation.

metropolis day time.jpg

Last edited:
Dundas Square should have been zoned to having the highest heights in Toronto. At about 1500 feet. Times Square is surrounded by tall buildings which gives it a closed and immense feeling. That is always lacking in Dundas square.

10 Dundas east looks like a shoe box from outside and did anyone notice once you enter from main entrance it confuses first time visitor with all those escalators What a waste of valuable space right on main floor cross from from famous Dundas Square. I hope we never see again a ugly design like this

Dundas Square should have been zoned to having the highest heights in Toronto. At about 1500 feet. Times Square is surrounded by tall buildings which gives it a closed and immense feeling. That is always lacking in Dundas square.
Are we incapable of having a vibrant, active urban centre of interest without actively trying to mimic Times Square?

Ive seen on here recently that dundas square cant be zoned for taller buildings because its on the helicopter flight path between st Michaels and sick kids.

10 Dundas east looks like a shoe box from outside and did anyone notice once you enter from main entrance it confuses first time visitor with all those escalators What a waste of valuable space right on main floor cross from from famous Dundas Square. I hope we never see again a ugly design like this

They were so focused on the fact that there would be video screens on the south side that they forgot to design a decent building.

Back