Toronto The New Residences of Yorkville Plaza | 92.05m | 31s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH COMPLETE

Should the Queens Park view corridor be preserved?

• Yes

Votes: 168 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 60 15.5%

• Total voters
I have come to enjoy brown tinted glass. I forget the name of the small office building at church and Charles? It lost its brown glass recently too and looks worse now than it did before in my opinion.

I tend to agree ... I for one rather enjoy the brown in the (older) Palace Pier and Palace Place towers in Humber Bay Shores

Not sure if I just hadn't noticed or if it's newly added, but the stone material on the horizontal band near the top of the podium is a welcome addition.

Frustratingly, it doesn't match the stone on 135 Yorkville that it visually meets, but any non-flashing is a very welcome addition here.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 687
So as they've continued work on both the new residential tower and the office condo, they've made some corollary improvements to this tower, as can be seen in the pics below.

In some of the places on the podium floors where there used to be more of that god awful light blue spandrel-like material, they've covered it with precast to make it blend in better to the adjacent buildings (and to the upper floors of its own building).

It's still an unholy mess overall, but those changes are welcome nonetheless.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 691
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 678
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 669
Some sort of healthy living food situation opening in the last available Yorkville-fronting retail unit.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 649
Pemberton bought the retail space from Camrost Felcorp for $20M ($1,362 psf for 15,000 sf).

It's incredibly sad how far WZMH has fallen. The developer doesn't even deserve to have their name repeated for what they've done here. But I'm sure they've made a ton of money and are walking away from it very happily, which is the real crime.

Pemberton bought the retail space from Camrost Felcorp for $20M ($1,362 psf for 15,000 sf).
Does Pemberton have a significant retail portfolio? I don't see any online presence. I'm also clueless as to the value of 15,000 sq ft of retail in that area, but that price does surprise me a bit. Maybe it shouldn't have? We must have some better informed members who could comment…

Back