Toronto The New Residences of Yorkville Plaza | 92.05m | 31s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH COMPLETE

Should the Queens Park view corridor be preserved?

• Yes

Votes: 168 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 60 15.5%

• Total voters
yeah, it's gotta be the podium only. (I'm sure there is enough room for a couple of towers, plus all that driveway inside of it.....)

And....

That tower is huge, and bringing it down would cost big bux. I don't care how rich you are.

Including Bill Gates. - or Saudi Billionaire...whoever...

Hey all, first post to the site
I can confirm that both the tower and the podium will need to be replaced, the two towers will rise from a three story podium and have ground and second floor retail. I'll see about getting some renders, but from what i've seen so far the design looks promising

Welcome aboard Architecturefan, have a virtual drink on the house.

So you know more details about this project? We are all eager to hear whatever you can tell us.

Bill

p.s. -- it's a bit of a shame about the current structure's fate, I think it's a fine example of the architecture of its time.

Welcome aboard Architecturefan, have a virtual drink on the house.

So you know more details about this project? We are all eager to hear whatever you can tell us.

Bill

p.s. -- it's a bit of a shame about the current structure's fate, I think it's a fine example of the architecture of its time.

Unfortunately, theres only so much I can reveal at this point. That being said I can tell you a bit more about the design. The towers themselves will have continuous balconies wrapping around and curving at the corners. This gives the tower a rounded look to it. Where the building is really great, imo, is at street level, especially when compared to the four seasons

Welcome to the forum architecturefan and your insider info is much appreciated.

Where the building is really great, imo, is at street level, especially when compared to the four seasons

That's a huge relief.

AoD

I agree. There's something about its lines that I like. Street level could be better though. It'll be a shame to see it go.

This is one hell of a project to undertake, especially as the economy's slowing down. Demolishing a tower that big can't be an easy (or cheap) task.

Hi Architecturefan,

Did you know you are the fourth person that created a urbantoronto membership in the last 4 months to reply to one of my posts?

Probably not, but now you do!!!!

Thanks for replying to my question.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking Pfloyd from last week (TLS thread) & whatever: Me and Andreapallidino having a discussion in the Bay Adelaide thread. (November 07)

I'm not entirely sure about the building's history but I think it was actually planned/built as a residential tower before Hyatt picked it up (and eventually sold to Four Seasons).

If the building were to be saved, I think it would be very difficult to market a retro-fitted tower because of the very low (almost oppressive) ceiling heights in the suites.

I'm not entirely sure about the building's history but I think it was actually planned/built as a residential tower before Hyatt picked it up (and eventually sold to Four Seasons).

If the building were to be saved, I think it would be very difficult to market a retro-fitted tower because of the very low (almost oppressive) ceiling heights in the suites.

That's exactly it, although the tower was great when it was built, its now dated. That would be fine in some areas of the city, but with such a prime location simply retro-fitting it would be a waste.

Back